[ACTION REQUIRED] KINNEVIK LANGUAGE SERVICE ASSISTANT OPENING AND INTERVIEW INVITATION
Thread poster: Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 08:57
Chinese to English
+ ...
Apr 27, 2019

This one is pretty cool and I don't think I've seen a report about it. It's basically a variation of the Carl Zeiss scam, but it tries harder than your average scam and the offer is admirably unattractive.

JOB INTERVIEW INVITATION LETTER FROM THERESE EKSTRSOM HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER FOR KINNEVIK,

Dear Applicant:

Please be informed that Klnnevlk is in need of a Language Service Assistant and your resume was reviewed here by the Cooperate Human Resource which was matched to several available positions.

Opening Positions:

English to Chinese (Chinese to English)

English to french (french to English)

English to Dutch (Dutch to English)

English to Japanese (Japanese to English)

The Language Service Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:

*Translate documents covering a wide range of topics including but not limited to: legal, medical, technical, administrative and financial matters.

*Ensure accuracy, clarity, cohesion and conformity with international standards, practice and policy
Consult with revisers and translators to clarify ambiguities.

*Observe established terminology and in-house usage, identify new terminology and actively contribute to terminology and reference databases;

*Use MS Office Suite and CAT Tools.

Requirements:
Oral and written fluency is required.
Basic computer skills
Ability and willingness to work as a team member with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views;
Strong ability to work under deadline pressure and meet strict deadlines;
Ability to cope and adapt to the virtual platform and willingness to work extra hours in an online environment with limited infrastructure.

The base pay is $45 hourly.

if interested,kindly reply back or text :323-289-2371

Sincerely

Therese Ekstrsom, PhD
Human Resource Manager,
Kinnevik
Ph:323-289-2371

Radosveta Golden
Radosveta Golden  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:57
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
I received the same one today. Well, almost the same... Apr 30, 2019

Mine, however, is for a base pay of $170 hourly. Lucky me! LOL!!!

I am searching for contact information where I can report this. I think that the real Kinnevik probably has someone dealing with such scams.

Natalia Elo
Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:57
English to Russian
+ ...
Me too May 9, 2019

Hi,
Also received this today, but was offered 80$. Nowadays scammers bother to build up a website and provide Scandinavian names to make it sound more serious.

Paul Merriam
Paul Merriam  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:57
Russian to English
+ ...
Klnnevlk May 10, 2019

That's the spelling I got. The company in Sweden is Kinnevik (with I rather than L),

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[ACTION REQUIRED] KINNEVIK LANGUAGE SERVICE ASSISTANT OPENING AND INTERVIEW INVITATION

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »