Impersonation of company The Translation Gate
Thread poster: Trang Nguyen

Nompumelelo Zulu
South Africa
Local time: 15:24
English to Xhosa
+ ...
The company might be legit but they are running some sort of a scam Jan 20

I was contacted by a vendor manager, then another person contacted me then finally a third person who was the one who I was communicating with most contacted me as well. He sent me a small urgent job without a purchase order or some sort of an agreement to sign. Instead he sent me a page with Terms and Conditions specifying terms of payment. I took the job because it was not much. He kept sending me small urgent jobs. I decided to request an order, he did not reply but kept sending small, urgent... See more
I was contacted by a vendor manager, then another person contacted me then finally a third person who was the one who I was communicating with most contacted me as well. He sent me a small urgent job without a purchase order or some sort of an agreement to sign. Instead he sent me a page with Terms and Conditions specifying terms of payment. I took the job because it was not much. He kept sending me small urgent jobs. I decided to request an order, he did not reply but kept sending small, urgent jobs. I also contacted Tasneem, she did not reply as well but jobs kept coming. They kept quiet for a while until about a week ago, when a different person sent me a 'one sentence job' for a potential client. All the people I was communicating with had legitimate e-mail address.

These people are not as innocent as they claim to be.
Collapse

Trang Nguyen
Helena Flack
Theodore Goumas
IanDhu
Lum Nan Ti

gnmhe
English to Spanish
Another scam Aug 7

The company required thousands of pictures in many languages, it was an "urgent" job.
After accepting the terms and rates, they took more than three months to send the PO (after claiming it countless times). The fraud lies in the fact that they pretend to pay only 20% of what was agreed and do not give any explanation. Please, be careful when dealing with this company.

IanDhu  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Entitlement to recover from the principal Aug 10

If this can help, I work in France, and here, when a client doesn't pay, one may lawfully bill the principal directly, presumably explaining the circumstances.

Lum Nan Ti
Myanmar
Local time: 19:54
English to Burmese
+ ...
I have been receiving 3 offers. Aug 13

TranslationGate wrote:

Hello Trang,

We are very sorry that you have been cheated by a scammer using our company's name. Please note, that the only domains that our PMs use to contact translators are: '@thetranslationgate.com' and '@thetranslationgate.net'. If some person from our company confirmed that Ahmed is our PM, it was true at that time as we had a team member of that name. However, we never use gmail when assigning linguists a project. Also, The Translation Gate signs with all their linguists an Operational Level Agreement in which we precisely determine payment time and conditions. If you didn't sign this document yet, please ask our VM to send it to you. Our Vendor Management team is also always available to answer any questions in case of doubts about a PM's identity and you can contact them at any time at vm@thetranslationgate.com.

Kind regards,
Dominika Klimasara
Marketing Executive,
The Translation Gate, LLC

I had received 3 offers. The first one got no reply. The second and third were English to Rohingya translation, even though I didn't mention on my profile that I know Rohingya.

Trang Nguyen

Trang Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 20:24
Member (2011)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Stop this topic Aug 13

Dear All,

I think we can close this topic here so that it won't cause further impact if any to the Translation Gate agency in case it's not involved in this case's scam.

Best wishes.
Trang Nguyen

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impersonation of company The Translation Gate

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search