Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:51
English to German
+ ...
Nov 13, 2002

Hi all,

I have received the second infected e-mail in as many days by a sender identified as \"Marisela Montes\" (I don\'t know anyone with that name, and I doubt if that\'s a real name.) The virus attached was a variant of the \"Magistr\" worm (for details check www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]) - nothing really new, but pretty nasty if it hits
... See more
Hi all,

I have received the second infected e-mail in as many days by a sender identified as \"Marisela Montes\" (I don\'t know anyone with that name, and I doubt if that\'s a real name.) The virus attached was a variant of the \"Magistr\" worm (for details check www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]) - nothing really new, but pretty nasty if it hits a system without AV software (or with outdated virus definitions...).

Just be careful.
Collapse

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:51
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Any idea where they originate from? Nov 13, 2002

I, too, got mail from Marisela Montes, complete with 2 (infected) attachments, and some snippets of text in the body of the mail, something to the effect of \"need a strong person for this job...\" and some telephone numbers. One of the attachments was a Word document that appeared to be someone\'s resume (Kenneth Smith or or Jones some such name).

I was still in a total brain fog when the mail arrived yesterday morning, and thought that it was somehow related to a job inqui
... See more
I, too, got mail from Marisela Montes, complete with 2 (infected) attachments, and some snippets of text in the body of the mail, something to the effect of \"need a strong person for this job...\" and some telephone numbers. One of the attachments was a Word document that appeared to be someone\'s resume (Kenneth Smith or or Jones some such name).

I was still in a total brain fog when the mail arrived yesterday morning, and thought that it was somehow related to a job inquiry I had received the day before, so, foolishly, I tried to open one of the attachments. Fortunately, my Norton AV is up-to-date and ever vigilant. No harm done. However, this time, Norton did not alert until I actually tried to open the attachment; it usually alerts as soon as the mail arrives in my inbox. Once again, though, it only goes to show that one simply cannot be too careful.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Infected e-mails by \"Marisela Montes\"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »