Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:57
Member (2004)
English to French
Nov 15, 2005

Hi,
One of my clients wrote me:
"If you get Plaxo too, we can stay connected without the hassle of sending emails back and forth."

http://www.plaxo.com/downloads

What does it do? Is it useful?

Thanks
Nina

Mark Oliver
Mark Oliver  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:57
Indonesian to English
+ ...
I'd like to know too. Nov 16, 2005

Funny, I just had someone recommend the same thing to me the other day, as a means of easily updating and maintaining contact information of clients, colleagues, and other associates. I am curious about how it works; but I don't find their website particularly informative.

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

Hi,
"If you get Plaxo too, we can stay connected without the hassle of sending emails back and forth."

Thanks
Nina

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 10:57
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
was contacted many times Nov 16, 2005

I am not using it as I found it "pushy" - and, well, do not see a rel necessity. However I believe it's free to use and welcomes more and more suers (like some virus, by the way).
see no bad in it though.

As I see it - it saves your contacts, organizes them - a sort of a program - organizer.

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

Hi,

Thanks
Nina
[/quote]

Daniel Ehret
Daniel Ehret  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:57
French to Hungarian
+ ...
Have it, but I don't use it Nov 16, 2005

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

Hi,

I have Plaxo running on my computer, but I didn't see (or use) this function until now. The good thing is that you can save your contact information, and you can share these information easily. That's nothing that you couldn't do without it, of course. What could be good is that once you have to change any info, you don't have to send a notification to all your contacts (who use Plaxo as well), Plaxo just updates it automatically in their address book.
Anyway, there is nothing bad about it, no spywares (as far as I can see) or so, but I don't think it's something that you should have.

[Edited at 2005-11-16 07:38]

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have it Nov 16, 2005

I find it useful for those people who use Plaxo. It maintains my address book up-to-date for those other users without having to go back and forth with e-mails. Nevertheless, it is quite pushy, it is always asking you to send messages to people in your book who do not have Plaxo. That's what I don't like about it.

The message you have received is the custom message from Plaxo. If you don't want to install it, just tell your client you are not interested.

Kind regards,... See more
I find it useful for those people who use Plaxo. It maintains my address book up-to-date for those other users without having to go back and forth with e-mails. Nevertheless, it is quite pushy, it is always asking you to send messages to people in your book who do not have Plaxo. That's what I don't like about it.

The message you have received is the custom message from Plaxo. If you don't want to install it, just tell your client you are not interested.

Kind regards,

P.
www.pbayle.com/blogs
Collapse

Michael Bastin
Michael Bastin  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Online address book Nov 16, 2005

For me, the nicest feature is the online address book, you can to the email address stored on their online system from wherever on anybody's PC.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone heard of plaxo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »