Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:36
Spanish
+ ...
Jul 13, 2005

I don't know if this has been posted before. I just downloaded Microsoft's AntiSpyware because Ad-aware and Bazooka couldn't do anything about a horrible spyware I had in my computer. And it removed all the spyware my pc in about 5 minutes.

The program is easy --and fast-- to install and to use. It loads in a second and it not only removes adware but it also has real time protection. Since it's a beta version it may have its risks but it seems a pretty good program.

... See more
I don't know if this has been posted before. I just downloaded Microsoft's AntiSpyware because Ad-aware and Bazooka couldn't do anything about a horrible spyware I had in my computer. And it removed all the spyware my pc in about 5 minutes.

The program is easy --and fast-- to install and to use. It loads in a second and it not only removes adware but it also has real time protection. Since it's a beta version it may have its risks but it seems a pretty good program.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
Collapse

Benno Groeneveld
Benno Groeneveld  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
I downloaded and ran Jul 13, 2005

the Mircosoft antispyware program. It scanned my hard drive, result: no spyware found. I then ran SpySweeper (for which I pay a small subscription fee, about $30 for two yesrs), it found and removed 16 spyware programs. Ad-Aware (free) then found another 11 problems.

Translators shall not live by one anti-spyware program alone.

Benno

Gabriel Lang
Gabriel Lang  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:36
English to French
The previous comment applies to antivirus Jul 13, 2005

It is safer to run different antivirus from time to time.
I personnaly use the AVG free version and download trials from other vendor (Norton, Panda, Kapersky ...) in order to run a full scan with a different technology. The only thing is that you have to wait for new releases if you want to use another trialware from the same vendor.
T
... See more
It is safer to run different antivirus from time to time.
I personnaly use the AVG free version and download trials from other vendor (Norton, Panda, Kapersky ...) in order to run a full scan with a different technology. The only thing is that you have to wait for new releases if you want to use another trialware from the same vendor.
There are other free Antispywares
- a² : http://www.emsisoft.net/fr/
- spybot : http://www.safer-networking.org/en/

It's good to run different ones at times.

Gab.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (beta)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »