Graciela Guzman
Graciela Guzman  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2005

Hello eveybody,
I recently bought a new computer and its operating system is Windows XP - SP2. Office is XP - SP3. The antivirus is Norton 2004 and it also has the Microsoft AntiSpyWare and the Firewall 2004.
I use Outlook Express 6.0 for my emails and this combination is driving me mad. I cannot send attachments nor can I receive them, which is a real problem since I receive and send the files this way.
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the
... See more
Hello eveybody,
I recently bought a new computer and its operating system is Windows XP - SP2. Office is XP - SP3. The antivirus is Norton 2004 and it also has the Microsoft AntiSpyWare and the Firewall 2004.
I use Outlook Express 6.0 for my emails and this combination is driving me mad. I cannot send attachments nor can I receive them, which is a real problem since I receive and send the files this way.
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the email. Now I can send attachments and receive them.
Could anybody please tell me if this is correct or if there is another way to solve my problem? I'm afraid of having made a mistake.
Any help you could give will be really appreciated.

[Edited at 2005-02-26 18:28]
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
it's fine Feb 26, 2005

Graciela Guzman wrote:
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the email. Now I can send attachments and receive them.
Could anybody please tell me if this is correct or if there is another way to solve my problem? I'm afraid of having made a mistake.
Any help you could give will be really appreciated.

[Edited at 2005-02-26 18:28]

Hola Gra,
I think what you've done is fine and enough.
In OE Options, Security tab, make sure the box for "no permitir que se abran o guarden archivos adjuntos..." (I've got an English version) is UNticked.

Chaucito!
Graciela.

Graciela Guzman
Graciela Guzman  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 26, 2005

¡Muchas gracias, tocaya!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with attachments in email

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »