Virus via e-mail
Thread poster: Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2005

Is anyone else getting tons of e-mails with viruses attached with this type of address, E [[email protected]]?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:58
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Moving the thread Feb 10, 2005

to the Safe Computing forum.

What about the sender's email address: Beth, viruses may use ANY email address (even your own!). Creating fake sender's addresses is a well known property of many viruses.

Tharaa Hafez
Tharaa Hafez
Egypt
Local time: 12:58
Arabic to English
+ ...
Daily received Feb 10, 2005

I receive daily about ten emails of this type . So, as long as the address is unknown for me , I delete them and with Yahoo I am happy that all of them are directed to the Bulk folder. Don't waste your time and don't open them .

Saraa

Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 10:58
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Nope. :-) Feb 11, 2005

In the last one and a half year or so, I think only three e-mails that brought up a virus warning. I think my ISP scans and removes them successfully before passing anything on. They use Norton. Or else - I just don't get'em.
They also use a fairly efficient spam filter, and I only rarely open any of those messages that end up in my bulk folder.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virus via e-mail

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »