Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 17:42
English to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2004

Hi all!
Does anyone know a free or on buy basis, using which one could generate periodical images of backup files of harddisks.
Thank you in advance.
Brandis

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
PowerQuest Drive Image Nov 2, 2004

Nice, easy to use, not very expensive.

Best,
Esther

Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:42
German to English
+ ...
Norton Ghost or Nero Nov 2, 2004

I think, but I'm not sure that the two mentioned above would do the trick.

Sarah

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Nov 2, 2004

Hi all, and thank you for all the helping. I already have both norton ghost and the powerquest variation, but I was thinking about a tool that replaces the backup sequece and stores the backup as system image. Today I have found a tool (on 30 days trial basis) from Novastore Corporation, lost the link though.
Rgds,
Brandis
well here it is, something similar on freeware basis is
... See more
Hi all, and thank you for all the helping. I already have both norton ghost and the powerquest variation, but I was thinking about a tool that replaces the backup sequece and stores the backup as system image. Today I have found a tool (on 30 days trial basis) from Novastore Corporation, lost the link though.
Rgds,
Brandis
well here it is, something similar on freeware basis is the best. http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/recovery/irecover.html, apprently that tool is great, but expensive.
Collapse

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 18:42
English to Russian
Acronis True Image Nov 2, 2004

I used Norton Ghost and PQ Imaging utility until I discovered Acronis. Handles everything, ***very*** fast and can mount images as drives for you to browse them. 5-star warez!
HTH
Aleksandr

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is there a place where we can get it from Nov 2, 2004

Aleksandr Okunev wrote:

I used Norton Ghost and PQ Imaging utility until I discovered Acronis. Handles everything, ***very*** fast and can mount images as drives for you to browse them. 5-star warez!
HTH
Aleksandr

Hi!thank you for the help. Where can one download it, or procure it. I do not understand 5-star Warez though. In Germany a warez is like a software pirate.
Rgds,
Brandis

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
google it Nov 2, 2004

Brandis wrote:
Where can one download it, or procure it.

A simple google search for Acronis will give you a full list of links where you can download it and read reviews.
Regards,
Grace.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ACronis doesn´t image mount on 8.5 GB dvd disc Nov 8, 2004

Hi Aleksande, It goes till 700 MB only and my back up is around 50GB ( the initial one)Novastore is doing image mount on dvd.
Rgds,Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for a tool to take Hard disk images

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »