Thread poster: Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:38
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 1, 2004

I came across this site quite unexpectedly. It summarizes in a cogent manner the explanations of the various banking jargons. Not only that, it also explains the diverse tricks resorted to by scamsters. There is a separate button for the Nigerian scam too. Hope this helps.

I am not sure this is off-topic, in that it is very much on-topic for all Internet users of whom translators are just a part. But as I am not sure of the correct forum for this, I have posted this thread here.
... See more
I came across this site quite unexpectedly. It summarizes in a cogent manner the explanations of the various banking jargons. Not only that, it also explains the diverse tricks resorted to by scamsters. There is a separate button for the Nigerian scam too. Hope this helps.

I am not sure this is off-topic, in that it is very much on-topic for all Internet users of whom translators are just a part. But as I am not sure of the correct forum for this, I have posted this thread here.
The link is here: http://www.fraudaid.com/
Sorry that I failed to include it.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

[Edited at 2004-08-01 06:26]
Collapse

eldira
eldira
Indonesia
Local time: 10:08
Indonesian to English
+ ...
link address Aug 1, 2004

Would like to see this; but where is the link?

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:38
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Here is the link Aug 1, 2004

The link is here: http://www.fraudaid.com/
Sorry that I failed to include it.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

eldira wrote:

Would like to see this; but where is the link?

lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 05:08
English to French
+ ...
Thank you Aug 1, 2004

Thank you so much, a site explaining at length in plain english everything about scam.

ADD

I took the time to read it, it's fabulous you really get the opporutnity to understand all the mechanisms of the con artists. Very very useful, also the psychological part.

[Edited at 2004-08-02 14:03]

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:08
German to English
+ ...
WOW! Aug 1, 2004

What a site! You could spend hours reading it. Unfortunately, the people who SHOULD read it probably don't -- or aren't aware of it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A valuable guide to financial vocabulary and defence against scams

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »