Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2004

Dear all,

It seems one of our colleagues has received a message, supposedly sent by me, with the following copy:

\"This is a special new game
This game is my first work.
You\'re the first player.
I wish you would enjoy it.\"

It did not even come with an attachment, which would have pointed to an attempt to spread a virus.

Needless to say I did not send any such message, but I am unhappy my name is circulating in such a manner.
... See more
Dear all,

It seems one of our colleagues has received a message, supposedly sent by me, with the following copy:

\"This is a special new game
This game is my first work.
You\'re the first player.
I wish you would enjoy it.\"

It did not even come with an attachment, which would have pointed to an attempt to spread a virus.

Needless to say I did not send any such message, but I am unhappy my name is circulating in such a manner.

¿Has anybody else received this? ¿Is this spreading from someone else\'s address book? I am hyper-cautious regarding viruses, so I doubt this originated in my computer.

Warm Greetings,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator, EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:16
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Well, no attachment... Mar 4, 2004

Hi Susana,

I am surprised there was no snoopy.exe with it;-)

The worm takes randomly addresses from the address book of the infected PC, so normally the supposed-to-be sender is not the real sender.

Giuliana

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
The attachment was probably stopped by firewall. Mar 4, 2004

Don't worry. It is like this.

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:16
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
It is a virus.. Mar 4, 2004

Hi Susana,

I've received the same message, more than once, but from different addresses (not yours). It was infected by the virus, but I can't recall the exact name. I don't pay any attention to the sender's name of such stuff, because they are always randomly taken and are not real sender's addresses. For several days now I'm receiving messages supposedly from ... myself warning about my domain expiry. They all go to
... See more
Hi Susana,

I've received the same message, more than once, but from different addresses (not yours). It was infected by the virus, but I can't recall the exact name. I don't pay any attention to the sender's name of such stuff, because they are always randomly taken and are not real sender's addresses. For several days now I'm receiving messages supposedly from ... myself warning about my domain expiry. They all go to the bin without reading...
So, don't worry and update your AV.

Best,
Magda
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:16
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Klez virus Mar 4, 2004

It's a message that usually carries the Klez virus. The virus itself wasn't sent or it has been removed by an antivirus on mail server.

The sender's e-mail is irrelevant, because most today's viruses fake it. They get it from the real sender's address book or from other files, such as cached web pages. The real sender, who's computer is infected, doesn't really have to know you at all.

There is no point in warning the supposed sender of the virus (in this case, you). Su
... See more
It's a message that usually carries the Klez virus. The virus itself wasn't sent or it has been removed by an antivirus on mail server.

The sender's e-mail is irrelevant, because most today's viruses fake it. They get it from the real sender's address book or from other files, such as cached web pages. The real sender, who's computer is infected, doesn't really have to know you at all.

There is no point in warning the supposed sender of the virus (in this case, you). Such warnings just generate useless traffic and add to the confusion.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How did this message originate?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »