Beware of the KB910721 spam email (Outlook update)
Thread poster: Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:01
English to German
+ ...
Jun 26, 2009

For the past few days, I received multiple, very authentic looking emails asking me to update my Outlook mail program. While I always follow the regular Microsoft updating process and do know that Microsoft will not send out clickable links or attachments, I was unsure for a moment, because this notification looks very legit!
Googling confirmed that it is indeed a bad idea click the link (or the attachment) supplied in that mail: you will d
... See more
For the past few days, I received multiple, very authentic looking emails asking me to update my Outlook mail program. While I always follow the regular Microsoft updating process and do know that Microsoft will not send out clickable links or attachments, I was unsure for a moment, because this notification looks very legit!
Googling confirmed that it is indeed a bad idea click the link (or the attachment) supplied in that mail: you will download malware (Trojans).

http://www.dscoduc.com/post/2009/06/17/Beware-of-the-KB910721-spam-email.aspx

Cheers
j.
Collapse

Milan Djukić
Milan Djukić  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 10:01
English to Serbian
+ ...
Phishing Jun 27, 2009

Exactly, Johanna.

There is a blog post/article about this phishing e-mail also on http://www.pcworld.com/article/167372/dont_get_tricked_by_fake_microsoft_update_emails.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware of the KB910721 spam email (Outlook update)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »