Where can I download a good antispyware?
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 00:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 12, 2009

I am looking for a free antispyware. It should be light and compatible with AVG 6.5.
It should also be possible to run it on demand (not in real time, a non-resident software).
I tried Spybot and it was too much.
I use Windows XP. I look forward to hearing you advice. Thanks and best regards,
AT

Eric Le Carre
Eric Le Carre  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:51
English to French
+ ...
Try Ad-Aware from Lavasoft Jun 12, 2009

Link to their Web site:

http://www.lavasoft.com

They also have a Spanish language Web site.

Best regards,

Eric

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:51
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Adaware, but it is huge Jun 12, 2009

Argentine Translator wrote:
I am looking for a free antispyware. It should be light and compatible with AVG 6.5.
It should also be possible to run it on demand (not in real time, a non-resident software).

Your best bet may be AdAware, but their latest version is huge. The installation file is 40 MB and when you install it it spends a few minutes downloading what appears to be an additional 100 MB of definition files. It does seem compatible with the latest free AVG.

I also tried some other antispyware programs recently. PC Tools has one but its installer hangs on my computer. There was also another free one whose installer was 800 KB, and you just *know* it's going to download more files, but there is no indication of how much, so after half an hour I killed the installer. Sorry I can't remember its name -- but the point is that I have not been able to find a good, lightweight antispyware app myself recently.

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:51
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Malewarebytes Jun 12, 2009

http://malwarebytes.org/

Free version available as well. All around one of the best anti-malware softwares to date.
Small efficient, and not too expensive.

Local time: 00:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Eric, Samuel and Shai Jun 18, 2009

Thank you for your advice. Regards, AT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I download a good antispyware?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »