Thread poster: savaria (X)
savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
Local time: 03:53
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2008

I wouldn't have posted this if I hadn't been sent this letter from a gmail account several times:

دورة مصطلحات الإرشاد السياحي في اللغة العبرية

بدء التسجيل في
دورة مصطلحات الإرشاد السياحي للغة العبرية ...

* أهـــم المـــــواضـــيــــع *

الدورات التدريبية با�
... See more
I wouldn't have posted this if I hadn't been sent this letter from a gmail account several times:

دورة مصطلحات الإرشاد السياحي في اللغة العبرية

بدء التسجيل في
دورة مصطلحات الإرشاد السياحي للغة العبرية ...

* أهـــم المـــــواضـــيــــع *

الدورات التدريبية بالجمعية

دليل المترجمين واللغويين

عضوية الجمعية والتسجيل بالمنتديات

لمزيد من المواضيع القيمة الرجاء زيارة الرابط التالي

http://egyforums.com/vb/index.php

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
لقد تلقيت هذه الرسالة لأنك مشترك في مجموعات Google‏ مجموعة "جمعية المترجمين واللغويين المصريين".
لإرسال هذا إلى هذه المجموعة، قم بإرسال بريد إلكتروني إلى [email protected]
لإلغاء الاشتراك في هذه المجموعة، ابعث برسالة إلكترونية إلى [email protected]
لخيارات أكثر، الرجاء زيارة المجموعة على http://groups.google.com/group/egytrans?hl=ar
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Can somebody please briefly tell me what is this.I think it is a kind of scam,a translation scam.They are bombing me with letters like this,but the letters always arrive from the same email address.
Collapse

Marek Daroszewski (MrMarDar)
Marek Daroszewski (MrMarDar)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Google translate Aug 6, 2008

out of curiosity I copied and pasted it and translated from Arabic into English using Google translate.
It seems to be a genuine newsgroup of some sort.
Here goes:
===========
The terminology tourist guides in the Hebrew language

At the start of registration
The terminology tourist guides to the Hebrew language ...

* * The most important topics

General training courses

Directory of translators and linguists ... See more
out of curiosity I copied and pasted it and translated from Arabic into English using Google translate.
It seems to be a genuine newsgroup of some sort.
Here goes:
===========
The terminology tourist guides in the Hebrew language

At the start of registration
The terminology tourist guides to the Hebrew language ...

* * The most important topics

General training courses

Directory of translators and linguists

General membership and registration forums

For more valuable topics, please visit the following URL
===========

HTH
Marek
Collapse

Heather Shaw
Heather Shaw  Identity Verified
United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
Egyptian Translators and Linguists' Association Aug 6, 2008

This is an actual group for translators and linguists in Egypt. They hold seminars on various subjects related to the translation field. As a previous poster mentioned, the email was sent to announce the beginning of a training course for Hebrew terminology used in tourism.

If the messages were coming directly from the Association, they would be sent from [email protected]. However, since you mentioned that th
... See more
This is an actual group for translators and linguists in Egypt. They hold seminars on various subjects related to the translation field. As a previous poster mentioned, the email was sent to announce the beginning of a training course for Hebrew terminology used in tourism.

If the messages were coming directly from the Association, they would be sent from [email protected]. However, since you mentioned that they are coming from a gmail account, it appears that someone is forwarding the messages to you. If you don't want to receive their messages, you might try writing to the email address and ask them to remove you from their mailing list. In any case, don't worry - its not a scam

Heather Shaw
Collapse

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not going to write them Aug 6, 2008

Heather Shaw wrote:

If the messages were coming directly from the Association, they would be sent from [email protected]. However, since you mentioned that they are coming from a gmail account, it appears that someone is forwarding the messages to you. If you don't want to receive their messages, you might try writing to the email address and ask them to remove you from their mailing list. In any case, don't worry - its not a scam

Heather Shaw

I would not like to write to their email address,as I do not want and so I want to avoid taht they see that my e-mail address is a genuine,real,existing,so to say,verified one,and so they begin bombarding me with hoaxes and spam letters. That's my phoilosophy.

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 13:53
Chinese to English
Try the Hungarian Forum Aug 6, 2008

zsugabubus

IMO some of the peers are rather rude. I suggest you also try the Hungarian Forum.

Lesley

[Edited at 2008-08-06 22:24]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New scam(I think)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »