Thread poster: Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
Local time: 06:48
English to German
+ ...
Jul 16, 2008

Since today I cannot download from my hotmail account any longer. First, I thought it was a problem of the browser, but it seems that I have to download the free TrendMicro Internet security program with 94 mb before I can proceed to download.

I am still in the middle of downloading this program because my server is so slow. When they say free then they mean it is going to be free for a limited period of time. Why would they go to the trouble of forcing their customers to use this p
... See more
Since today I cannot download from my hotmail account any longer. First, I thought it was a problem of the browser, but it seems that I have to download the free TrendMicro Internet security program with 94 mb before I can proceed to download.

I am still in the middle of downloading this program because my server is so slow. When they say free then they mean it is going to be free for a limited period of time. Why would they go to the trouble of forcing their customers to use this product?

Any comments and remarks welcome. And by the way, my hotmail is a paid hotmail account, perhaps this is why....?

Perhaps I should change to another free account again, there is enough free email accounts on the market.

Martin
Collapse

Lars Jelking
Lars Jelking  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:48
English to Swedish
+ ...
What mail client do your use? Jul 17, 2008

From June 30 Microsoft terminated the use of Outlook for accessing e-mailaccunts via the DAV protocol and recommend the use of their Windows Live Mail instead.

So if you use Office Outlook for your Hotmail account you must get something else.

Goo Luck

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
Local time: 06:48
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't use outlook Jul 17, 2008

What is the DAV protocol?

The problem seems to have arisen when I installed Opera 9.5, but initially downloads were possible.

If I forward the email to my yahoo account I can properly download. The download in the cyber caf also seems to work...

I still wonder if is has to do with the scanning software hotmail uses in the left hand upper corner. I downloaded it yesterday and was ready to install it, but I found the licence agreement inacceptable be
... See more
What is the DAV protocol?

The problem seems to have arisen when I installed Opera 9.5, but initially downloads were possible.

If I forward the email to my yahoo account I can properly download. The download in the cyber caf also seems to work...

I still wonder if is has to do with the scanning software hotmail uses in the left hand upper corner. I downloaded it yesterday and was ready to install it, but I found the licence agreement inacceptable because it seems like a 30 day free trial period and then you asked to buy and will be pestered with their upgrades and "free information"....

If it has to do with that I am not going to use this program. What's strange is that uploading works fine only downloading doesn't...

Somebody suggested some toolbar programs such as google toolbar etc. may interfer with the download, but I haven' t installed any of these to my knowledge....

Martin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No download possible from hotmail account

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »