Thread poster: Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
Local time: 16:34
English to German
+ ...
May 5, 2008

I don't know if this is the correct forum but didn't know where else to post it. @Moderators: please feel free to move it if this is in the wrong section.

I've received a SPAM e-mail this morning from an apparently "new" user (don't know if I'm allowed to post his/her user name/profile No. here), wanting to pay me 4.4 million dollars from an Ivory Coast account. I've already submitted a support ticket. Anybody else received a similar e-mail?

Ulrike
alias LittleBal
... See more
I don't know if this is the correct forum but didn't know where else to post it. @Moderators: please feel free to move it if this is in the wrong section.

I've received a SPAM e-mail this morning from an apparently "new" user (don't know if I'm allowed to post his/her user name/profile No. here), wanting to pay me 4.4 million dollars from an Ivory Coast account. I've already submitted a support ticket. Anybody else received a similar e-mail?

Ulrike
alias LittleBalu
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Please forward it to the staff May 5, 2008

Hi Little Balu,

First, please note that I have moved your topic to the forum Safe Computing.

Also, may I suggest you to forward the email to the staff via a Support Ticket (you can upload the email on that page so that the header information won't be lost).

Kind regards,
Özden

===========
... See more
Hi Little Balu,

First, please note that I have moved your topic to the forum Safe Computing.

Also, may I suggest you to forward the email to the staff via a Support Ticket (you can upload the email on that page so that the header information won't be lost).

Kind regards,
Özden

===========

Sorry, sorry!!! Wrote in a haste and missed your last sentence. You did the best thing for sure notifying the staff

[Edited at 2008-05-05 12:32]
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:04
German to English
Thanks, Ulrike May 5, 2008

I received the same e-mail through my profile on Sunday morning, but I just deleted it and didn't send a support ticket.

Thanks for notifying the staff, Ulrike.

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not via ProZ May 5, 2008

I got one directly to my e-mail address, frome some Joseph from Abidjan. Cote d'Ivoire.

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
I received it as well May 6, 2008

These should be reported to Proz via support ticket so that the account can be removed. I get one about once a year. You really have to wonder about the depravity and/or intelligence of some of these scammers. He specifically found me by entering English-English language combo based in Germany, which is pretty odd in itself, assuming he is not actually a translator. This factoid shows up on the "Visitors" tab of your profile, in case you care.

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Intelligence? May 6, 2008

Woodstock wrote:

These should be reported to Proz via support ticket so that the account can be removed. I get one about once a year. You really have to wonder about the depravity and/or intelligence of some of these scammers. He specifically found me by entering English-English language combo based in Germany, which is pretty odd in itself, assuming he is not actually a translator. This factoid shows up on the "Visitors" tab of your profile, in case you care.

That's how he found me, too: [Search: From: English, To: English, Country: Germany]

I submitted a support ticket immediately, and have meanwhile received confirmation from proz.com staff that the account has been removed.

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:04
German to English
Powwow page May 6, 2008

According to the visitor tab on my profile, they found me through the powwow page! They seem to be all over the place!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ALERT: SPAM e-mail via proz.com account

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »