Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:57
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Contact box vs email Mar 28, 2008

Joan Berglund wrote:

My email is not in my resume, although I am set to accept emails through ProZ.

Then your email address was not revealed. They had to paste the text manually in the contact box. This is still time consuming and this is why you only received *one* of the kind.

Just getting one from time to time from the dialogue box is nothing compared to the hundreds that you would end up getting if the spammers had your address (they are exchanging "databases" of addresses, so the number follows an exponential curve with time, usually). Which doesn't mean that it should be left as such.

I just forwarded it to my isp, but maybe I should have contacted the site moderators as well.

Not maybe, you should have. Right away.

[Modifié le 2008-03-28 01:30]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:57
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
You won the sum of £1,450,000,00 GBP Mar 30, 2008

He he, just received the below. Maybe it's time to start collecting- seems simple

Uldis

You won the sum of £1,450,000,00 GBP from our monthly PROGRAM, you are hereby advice to get back to us, to claim your prize.

Contact Mr. Nolan Woods
Email: [email protected]
Claims Requirements:
1.full name:2.Address:3.Age:

Mrs. Cecilia Moore

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Scam Warning!!!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »