Thread poster: Egija Zarina
Egija Zarina
Egija Zarina
Latvia
Latvian to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2015

Hi,

I have an issue regarding the need to count one language characters/words in a bilingual file. I would like to know how and whether it is possible to be done without making a seperate one language file as it takes too much time.

Perhaps you know some program that could do it (if not Trados) or you have some other suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Valerijs Svincovs
Valerijs Svincovs  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:21
English to Latvian
+ ...
More info? Aug 12, 2015

Hi,

Before discussing any possible solutions, are we talking about a bilingual Word file processed using Trados or a file containing text in multiple languages? If it's the former, do you want to count the source or the target words?

Also, are you sure this is posted under the correct category?

Best regards,
Valerijs

Egija Zarina
Egija Zarina
Latvia
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.doc file not processed by Trados Aug 12, 2015

It is word (.doc) file not processed by Trados. The file contains 2 languages and I want the count of characters, preferably, of one of these languages. There is no target file, it is just for counting the amount of text in one of languages.

Regarding the post category - I wasn't sure where to post this issue.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Word/character count for bilingual word file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »