Discussion for CAT Tool & Software day session (2016): Improving your productivity with memoQ - advanced functions, tips & tricks

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for CAT Tool & Software day session (2016): Improving your productivity with memoQ - advanced functions, tips & tricks".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Samuel López
Samuel López
Canada
Local time: 02:47
English to Spanish
On demand presentations access Sep 29, 2016

Are the on demand presentations available after the conference?

Please advise, I would certainly appreciate it

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Those who attend the event live will have access to all sessio Sep 29, 2016

Dear Traducci,

All those who attended the event live at any time during the hours of 12:00 - 20:00 GMT will have access to all session recordings & content for at least 90 days.

Best regards,
Romina

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:47
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I attended to the ondemand sessions! Sep 30, 2016

RominaZ wrote:

Dear Traducci,

All those who attended the event live at any time during the hours of 12:00 - 20:00 GMT will have access to all session recordings & content for at least 90 days.

Best regards,
Romina

Do you mean that I won't be able to access to the recordings?
I watched two nice memoQ sessions, not live ones, and really enjoyed them! In fact, I would like to go on watching them. Is it that possible?

Regards

Clarisa

Georgia Godikouli
Georgia Godikouli
Greece
Local time: 08:47
English to Greek
+ ...
Access to the conference sessions Oct 1, 2016

Why is there this kind of discrimination? Aren't we all Proz members? All of us who registered and weren't able to attend miss everything.This is unfair and I believe you must do sth about it.
Regards
Georgia

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Access control is not discrimination Oct 3, 2016

As these events require a lot of time/expense ProZ.com does restrict the content to those that have attended the event live and/or are paying members of the ProZ.com community - http://www.proz.com/professional-membership

It is ProZ.com paying members that enable these events to be subsidized and remain free for the entire ProZ.com community. The content is 100% free for all durin
... See more
As these events require a lot of time/expense ProZ.com does restrict the content to those that have attended the event live and/or are paying members of the ProZ.com community - http://www.proz.com/professional-membership

It is ProZ.com paying members that enable these events to be subsidized and remain free for the entire ProZ.com community. The content is 100% free for all during the event live hours and remains 100% free for all that attended during the live hours, even if you attended just briefly during the virtual event you would have access to all the on-demand content. That is access control, not discrimination.

That said, the sponsor/exhibitor content at http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/698/program has been made accessible to all, regardless of attendance at the virtual event & irrespective of paid ProZ.com membership status.

Thanks,

Drew
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for CAT Tool & Software day session (2016): Improving your productivity with memoQ - advanced functions, tips & tricks

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »