https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcoms_virtual_conferences/275548-discussion_for_prozcoms_2014_virtual_conference_for_international_translation_day_session_2014_using_trade_fairs_to_efficiently_gain_new_customers_in_german.html&phpv_redirected=1

Discussion for ProZ.com's 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2014): Using trade fairs to efficiently gain new customers (in German)
Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:03
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Where are the on-demand videos? Sep 30, 2014

Dear Staff,

the on-demand videos have disappeared.

How and when will they be available again?

Thank you,

Fabio

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Showing on-demand properly Sep 30, 2014

The on-demand player is lower on the page, scroll to the bottom it's a smaller embedded player. I pseudo logged in as you and was able to see the videos.

Thanks

Drew

Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Thank you, solved Sep 30, 2014

Drew, thank you for your reply.

It is/was a Chrome issue, which does not show the player; I've tried to open the same page in Firefox and the player is there.

Regards,

Fabio

MaWa
MaWa
English to German
+ ...
For how long will these videos be online? Sep 30, 2014

For how long will these videos be online?

Al Zaid
Al Zaid
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can't play the videos Oct 1, 2014

There's an "unexpected error" message on the embedded player.

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Appears to be an issue on your end with browser Alberto Oct 1, 2014

I pseudo logged in as you and I was able to play the videos. That error message is usually an indication that there is a problem with your browser or flash plugin. Try updating your browser flash plugin at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

You may also wish to clear your cache, and perhaps try a different browser, Chrome or FireFox. Thanks

Drew

Sarah Silva
Sarah Silva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:03
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Can't play the videos either Oct 7, 2014

I would love to view this video. I attended the event and have tried updating the plugin suggested above and using Internet Explorer and Chrome but I can only see a white square with a symbol in the top left where I think the video should be and nothing to click on or view. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone suggest a solution?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com's 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2014): Using trade fairs to efficiently gain new customers (in German)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »