London conference 2008 - Daytime networking
Thread poster: David Heitler
David Heitler
David Heitler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:23
German to English
Nov 17, 2008

Is there any chance of some daytime networking?

A close inspection of the attendees' list indicates that there is a large body of translators in my language pair (German to English) at the conference. I am interested in meeting British and American speakers in this pair, as well as people who translate into their native German. I wonder if anyone would like to meet over lunch (or some other time during the day) rather than in the evening?

And here's a question that is
... See more
Is there any chance of some daytime networking?

A close inspection of the attendees' list indicates that there is a large body of translators in my language pair (German to English) at the conference. I am interested in meeting British and American speakers in this pair, as well as people who translate into their native German. I wonder if anyone would like to meet over lunch (or some other time during the day) rather than in the evening?

And here's a question that is niggling me - and it might also throw a little light on whom any of us might like to work with ...

How can we find out, realtively quickly, if colleagues we potentially might want to work with translate in a way that we enjoy, too?

[Edited at 2008-11-18 09:11 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 19:17 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

London conference 2008 - Daytime networking

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »