London conference 2008 - Friend finder
Thread poster: Michael Benis
Michael Benis
Michael Benis  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:12
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

You can see exactly who will be coming to ProZ conferences, but it's not always that easy to contact them, maybe because you made friends at a previous conference but never quite got those e-mail addresses down. Or perhaps you'd like to meet up with several colleagues at once - such as suggesting a meeting of colleagues working in the same language combinations or subjects as yourself in the Camden Centre bar before one of the networking dinners.

Well that's what this part of the fo
... See more
You can see exactly who will be coming to ProZ conferences, but it's not always that easy to contact them, maybe because you made friends at a previous conference but never quite got those e-mail addresses down. Or perhaps you'd like to meet up with several colleagues at once - such as suggesting a meeting of colleagues working in the same language combinations or subjects as yourself in the Camden Centre bar before one of the networking dinners.

Well that's what this part of the forum is for...

Many thanks to Margaret Collier for the great suggestion!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 19:16 GMT]
Collapse

Lucie Nicholsonova
Lucie Nicholsonova
United Kingdom
English to Czech
+ ...
Czechs and Slovaks Oct 22, 2008

Hi, what a great idea. Any Czechs and Slovaks out there who would like to meet? I will be on the lookout but maybe you find me first - the ginger one in a spotty dress! (I better remember to wear it)

Margret Powell-Joss (X)
Margret Powell-Joss (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Hoping to meet colleagues based in Scotland, esp. the West Coast Oct 27, 2008

Hi there
I've only been in Scotland for the past six months so am still building that network and look forward to meeting colleagues based up north.
See you all very soon!

Maria Pelletta
Maria Pelletta
English to Spanish
Argentinean in Scotland Nov 7, 2008

Hi Margaret,

I will be going to the conference all the way from the Isle of Skye: that's Scotland, North and West Coast all in one! There are a few translators based in Scotland that are planning to go. We are thinking of getting together one night (probably the 24th) I'll let you know when and where - as soon as I know- and if you want to join us you'll be more than welcome.

I woul also like to meet up with anyone from South America.

Not too long now!
... See more
Hi Margaret,

I will be going to the conference all the way from the Isle of Skye: that's Scotland, North and West Coast all in one! There are a few translators based in Scotland that are planning to go. We are thinking of getting together one night (probably the 24th) I'll let you know when and where - as soon as I know- and if you want to join us you'll be more than welcome.

Not too long now!
Maria
Collapse

Elisa Noetinger
Elisa Noetinger  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
I am from Argentina! Nov 11, 2008

Maria Pelletta wrote:

Hi Margaret,

Not too long now!
Maria

I live in London and I´ll attend the conference. Looking forward to meet you

Elisa

Ellen Singer
Ellen Singer  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Argentineans will be present! Nov 14, 2008

Hola Maria y Elisa,

Officially I am Dutch but I grew up in Buenos Aires and Montevideo.... I would enjoy meeting the Argentineans there!

I am actually going to be in London on Thursday meeting an old school mate from Uruguay before the conference. Mariana from Uruguay was obliged to cancel the trip even though she had initially registered (from Uruguay....).

I now live in the Netherlands (since 1980).

Hope to see you there.... Rioplatenses tend
... See more
Hola Maria y Elisa,

Officially I am Dutch but I grew up in Buenos Aires and Montevideo.... I would enjoy meeting the Argentineans there!

I am actually going to be in London on Thursday meeting an old school mate from Uruguay before the conference. Mariana from Uruguay was obliged to cancel the trip even though she had initially registered (from Uruguay....).

I now live in the Netherlands (since 1980).

Hope to see you there.... Rioplatenses tend to be loud, I am sure we will find each other.... but just in case: [email protected] is my address when away!

Hasta pronto,

Ellen
Collapse

Maria Pelletta
Maria Pelletta
English to Spanish
rio de la plata! Nov 14, 2008

Hi rioplatenses, I would love to meet you there.
I know about Mariana who is not coming. She posted something about not being too many translators from Sout America on the IoL forum .... shame she is not coming!
We might be loud, but so are the Italians we have to find a meeting point. I will arrive on Friday, but I will be meeting translators from one of the ITI groups I belong to. I will be staying at Arriva... and I
... See more
Hi rioplatenses, I would love to meet you there.
I know about Mariana who is not coming. She posted something about not being too many translators from Sout America on the IoL forum .... shame she is not coming!
We might be loud, but so are the Italians we have to find a meeting point. I will arrive on Friday, but I will be meeting translators from one of the ITI groups I belong to. I will be staying at Arriva... and I can't really say much about what I will be doing next! (apart from attending the conference, of course!)

Suggestions? Apart from trying to be louder than everybody else who will be trying to find someone amongst 300 people!

Maria
Collapse

Elisa Noetinger
Elisa Noetinger  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Meeting point? Nov 18, 2008

Hola!

Sure will be difficult to find each other in such big crowd, even if we are loud But if you are free on Friday evening we can meet at the conference venue. I guess we can hang out there or maybe go somewhere else? I haven´t booked for the "official" dinner.

Actually if anyone wants to do something in the evening, of course is more than welcome to join us. Otherwise we can meet at the Conference. I´
... See more
Hola!

Sure will be difficult to find each other in such big crowd, even if we are loud But if you are free on Friday evening we can meet at the conference venue. I guess we can hang out there or maybe go somewhere else? I haven´t booked for the "official" dinner.

Actually if anyone wants to do something in the evening, of course is more than welcome to join us. Otherwise we can meet at the Conference. I´ll give you my mobile number so we can find each other, that will be easier;)

Nos vemos!

Elisa
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

London conference 2008 - Friend finder

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »