Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >
Project History (plus feedback!) features updated. Members are invited to use it!
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Patrick Lemarie
Patrick Lemarie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:26
English to French
+ ...
I do not want to disclose my direct clients'names Jun 21, 2012

I would like to add a few samples of the translations I did for a few direct clients, in fact significant projects.

I do not want to disclore a few names to protect my client portfolio.
Is it possible to display a few samples with source and target documents without mentioning the names of the client or mentioning the name of the client but having the assurance from Proz-com that the client will never be contacted ?
(As to go to the final stage of the submission the e-ma
... See more
I would like to add a few samples of the translations I did for a few direct clients, in fact significant projects.

I do not want to disclore a few names to protect my client portfolio.
Is it possible to display a few samples with source and target documents without mentioning the names of the client or mentioning the name of the client but having the assurance from Proz-com that the client will never be contacted ?
(As to go to the final stage of the submission the e-mail and the client's name are required)
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:26
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is not necessary to show your client's identities on your Project History Jun 21, 2012

Dear Patrick,

Please note that it is not necessary to show your client's identity when you add projects to your Project History. As stated here, the client's name will only be shown publicly if both you and them agree to make the name public.

Note that, even if the information will be on record on your Projec
... See more
Dear Patrick,

Please note that it is not necessary to show your client's identity when you add projects to your Project History. As stated here, the client's name will only be shown publicly if both you and them agree to make the name public.

Note that, even if the information will be on record on your Project History It will be protected by ProZ.com's privacy policy.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Project history Nov 24, 2012

I think it is very useful especially for new entrants especially if compounded by feedback from outsourcer as otherwise, anyone can list jobs, even if done badly

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
Anna Guo
Anna Guo
New Zealand
Local time: 12:26
English to Chinese
Privacy of project history Sep 1, 2014

Hello, I'm relatively new to this feature. I don't know how to keep the privacy for clients if you want to release the work that you've done. As part of the translation contract, we usually assure clients that there is nothing to be released to a third party, and it's absolutely confidential. It's difficult for me to cross the line . Yes, i just recently completed two major projects .

Paula Graf

Boris Kochetkov
Boris Kochetkov
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:26
English to Russian
+ ...
Choosing several project roles Jan 27, 2015

Hi everyone,

I've just registered and trying to complete my profile. When adding a project I cannot seem to choose several project roles (my projects usually involve both interpretation and translation and this is something that I would like to highlight for potential clients). Am I not pushing the right buttons there or does the system not allow that (maybe it should)?

Thanks,
Boris

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not currently possible to specify more than one role per project Jan 27, 2015

Hi Boris,

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to add multiple roles for one specific project you enter into your Project History, though I've added this as a suggestion to improve the tool. For the time being, you can of course mention these different services within the project's description, or you can add multiple entries specifying each of the services you performed for a particular project.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
<
... See more
Hi Boris,

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to add multiple roles for one specific project you enter into your Project History, though I've added this as a suggestion to improve the tool. For the time being, you can of course mention these different services within the project's description, or you can add multiple entries specifying each of the services you performed for a particular project.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Voluntary basis projects Mar 21, 2015

Sorry if someone have already asked the same question (I wasn't able to find it): can I add voluntary translations (unpaid, made for personal interests or social projects) in my History?
Obviously, we are talking about authorized, provable by customers or authors.
I think it should be as much useful for outsourcers who wants to check particular aspects of translator's skills.
Thank you in advance for directions.

Paula Graf

Maria Kopnitsky
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Volunteer work may be added Mar 24, 2015

Silvia Di Profio wrote:

Sorry if someone have already asked the same question (I wasn't able to find it): can I add voluntary translations (unpaid, made for personal interests or social projects) in my History?
Obviously, we are talking about authorized, provable by customers or authors.
I think it should be as much useful for outsourcers who wants to check particular aspects of translator's skills.
Thank you in advance for directions.

Hello Silvia,

You're welcome to add projects that you've completed on a voluntary basis to your Project History: http://www.proz.com/ph/

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Maria

Paula Graf

Silvia Di Profio
Italy
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Thank you Mar 25, 2015

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Hello Silvia,

You're welcome to add projects that you've completed on a voluntary basis to your Project History: http://www.proz.com/ph/

Best regards,

Maria

Thanks a lot, Maria!

Silvia Di Profio
Italy
Member (2015)
English to Italian
two more questions Apr 22, 2015

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Hello Silvia,

Best regards,

Maria

1st) I'm not sure if I can consider volunteer works a few articles I've completed and published (on my website) as samples; although all of them have been authorized by authors or publishers, it was me who asked for, so it might be inappropriate to fill them into my P.H.. Or is my doubt just an 'over-delivery'?
2nd) What about outsourcers unfamiliar with Proz? What they could expect from publishing their details, exactly?

Thanks in advance, again.

Silvia

[Edited at 2015-04-22 14:01 GMT]

Maria Kopnitsky
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
You may be more comfortable adding them as sample translations then May 14, 2015

Hello Silvia,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your last few questions here.
1st) I'm not sure if I can consider volunteer works a few articles I've completed and published (on my website) as samples; although all of them have been authorized by authors or publishers, it was me who asked for, so it might be inappropriate to fill them into my P.H.. Or is my doubt just an 'over-delivery'?

It sounds like the material you're referring to can be added to your Project History, but if you're not comfortable with that then it may be a better idea to include those texts as sample translations in your Portfolio instead.
2nd) What about outsourcers unfamiliar with Proz? What they could expect from publishing their details, exactly?

You may wish to request your client's permission before publishing any of their details in your Project History or requesting feedback from them through the site. Note that it's not necessary to include your client's information when entering projects into your Project History - you can simply leave the "Outsourcer Information" section blank.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if I've misunderstood your request or if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Mahad Abdisalan Yusuf

Silvia Di Profio
Italy
Member (2015)
English to Italian
clear and exhaustive May 15, 2015

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

I hope this helps, but please let me know if I've misunderstood your request or if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Thank you so much, Maria.
Silvia

Enshy Noah
Enshy Noah
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
project history Feb 6, 2018

How can I add my project history and get Kudoz points?
thanks a lot!
Enshy

Nancy Tahir

Karen Zaragoza
Karen Zaragoza
Local time: 07:26
SITE STAFF
How to add a new project to your project history Feb 8, 2018

Dear Enshy,

To add a new project to your project history just visit your Project history page, http://www.proz.com/?sp=project_history . Select the "Add a new project" option from the menu to the left and you will be re-directed to the project form. Complete this form with all required information and click on Submit. Once you have submitted your project, you can make it visible in yo
... See more
Dear Enshy,

To add a new project to your project history just visit your Project history page, http://www.proz.com/?sp=project_history . Select the "Add a new project" option from the menu to the left and you will be re-directed to the project form. Complete this form with all required information and click on Submit. Once you have submitted your project, you can make it visible in your profile by clicking on Make visible in the 'Actions' column, next to the project.

As for KudoZ points, they are awarded by the asker to the site user whose answer to a KudoZ question has been selected as the most helpful. You can find more information about the KudoZ network in, http://www.proz.com/faq/704#704 .

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Karen Zaragoza
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project History (plus feedback!) features updated. Members are invited to use it!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »