Please help build new wiki article: "Determining what service you need and what it will cost"
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:46
SITE FOUNDER
Mar 27, 2010

I drafted a new article called: "Determining what service you need and what it will cost"

I invite you, if you are a professional translator, to review this article and make it better.

Please don't comment here without rewriting there... and don't worry about offending me. (And you should not be offended, either, when someone edits what you write.) The idea is that in editing and adding, while discussing your reasoning here, the article will get better.

Her
... See more
I drafted a new article called: "Determining what service you need and what it will cost"

I invite you, if you are a professional translator, to review this article and make it better.

Please don't comment here without rewriting there... and don't worry about offending me. (And you should not be offended, either, when someone edits what you write.) The idea is that in editing and adding, while discussing your reasoning here, the article will get better.

Here it is: Determining what service you need and what it will cost
Collapse

Antony Price
Antony Price  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:46
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
Some things free for members and non-members alike Apr 9, 2010

I dislike the idea of offering marketing videos free to members and making non-members pay for them. Whenever the creator of the marketing video so wishes, it should be made publicly available. Furthermore, postive steps should be taken to ascertain as much from those responsible for having produced the marketing video before the video becomes the legal property of ProZ.

If Proz is responsible for producing the marketing video then this is not sufficient reason in itself to post it
... See more
I dislike the idea of offering marketing videos free to members and making non-members pay for them. Whenever the creator of the marketing video so wishes, it should be made publicly available. Furthermore, postive steps should be taken to ascertain as much from those responsible for having produced the marketing video before the video becomes the legal property of ProZ.

If Proz is responsible for producing the marketing video then this is not sufficient reason in itself to post it on a public server and to allow those fortunate enough to find it on the internet. Marketing education, as a support for entering the profession is important for those who wish to continue looking for translation businesses. One further option, but a second best alternative in my opinion, would be for ProZ to make a special video for such translators.

[Edited at 2010-04-09 02:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-04-09 02:18 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help build new wiki article: "Determining what service you need and what it will cost"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »