Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
6th ProZ.com Translation Contest: submission phase is on!
Thread poster: RominaZ
Yolanda Bello Olvera
Yolanda Bello Olvera  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trouble submitting Feb 21, 2008

My text is ready but can't find the way to submit it.

Thanks.

Y

Eleni Koukopoulou
Eleni Koukopoulou
Local time: 20:26
English to Greek
+ ...
Could you tell me how to submit the translation of the text? Feb 21, 2008

RominaZ wrote:

Dear Members,

I'm happy to announce that the 6th ProZ.com Translation Contest has officially started. The submission phase is now open. There are currently six source texts in English, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Romanian and German http://www.proz.com/contests .

New at ProZ.com Contests:

The contest page now shows a new design, more appealing and customized to the viewer. I hope you like it as much as I do!

After submitting your entry you will see the option to print your translation together with the source text. This will make the proofreading process easier.

The deadline for submission is March 5.

I hope to see you all there!

Romina

[Edited at 2008-02-21 21:16]

Rodolfo Frei
Rodolfo Frei  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Submission phase Feb 21, 2008

I have completed my translation from German to Spanish and don't find how to submit it. Thanks for your clarification!

[Editado a las 2008-02-21 23:07]

MaryAnn Diorio, PhD, MA
MaryAnn Diorio, PhD, MA
Local time: 14:26
Italian to English
+ ...
Submission Difficulty Feb 22, 2008

Hello,

I too am having difficulty submitting my entry. When I click on submit, the Italian text displays.

Please advise.

Thank you.

MaryAnn Diorio, Ph.D.

Rosa Elena Lozano Arton
Rosa Elena Lozano Arton  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:26
English to Spanish
In memoriam
Unable to submit my translation Feb 22, 2008

I would like to submit my translation, but when I press the submit button it takes me back to the same page and does not let me submit it. What must I do?
Regards,
Rosa Elena

RominaZ wrote:

Dear Members,

I'm happy to announce that the 6th ProZ.com Translation Contest has officially started. The submission phase is now open. There are currently six source texts in English, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Romanian and German http://www.proz.com/contests .

New at ProZ.com Contests:

The contest page now shows a new design, more appealing and customized to the viewer. I hope you like it as much as I do!

After submitting your entry you will see the option to print your translation together with the source text. This will make the proofreading process easier.

The deadline for submission is March 5.

I hope to see you all there!

Romina

[Editado a las 2008-02-22 03:58]

Markus Wahlgren
Markus Wahlgren  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:26
English to Swedish
Issues with submission Feb 22, 2008

I am having the sam problem as the above posters.

Karolina Debkowska
Karolina Debkowska  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:26
English to Polish
+ ...
How to submit? Feb 22, 2008

I am only a partial member of Proz - it says only full paying members can submit texts. However, FAQ states that partial members can also take part in the contest. So, what is the truth?

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 22, 2008

Dear All,

The problem has been solved. You can now submit your entries.

If you have any further problems you can contact me directly at [email protected] or via skype "rominabona" or by submitting a support ticket http://www.proz.com/support .

Thank you all for your interest in ProZ.com contests.

I apologize
... See more
Dear All,

The problem has been solved. You can now submit your entries.

If you have any further problems you can contact me directly at [email protected] or via skype "rominabona" or by submitting a support ticket http://www.proz.com/support .

Thank you all for your interest in ProZ.com contests.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

See you there!

Romina
Collapse

Andre Bastian
Andre Bastian  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:26
Spanish to German
+ ...
I agree Feb 23, 2008

Roland Nienerza wrote:

Sorry. I definitely don't.

The former design with an bird's-eye view on all texts and the situation of contribution to each of them should at least be additionally available.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I think it is nearly impossible to find out HOW to submit the translation.

Katarina Peters
Katarina Peters  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
problem submitting Feb 27, 2008

Hi Romina,

I'm having the same problem. I also sent you an e-mail, no response yet.
Please help us!

Katarina

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Submission: language pair should match the ones in your profile Feb 27, 2008

Dear Katarina,

Please check that the entry you want to submit matches the language pairs you reported in your profile. If the entry is in a language combination you have not reported in your profile yet, you should first add that combination to your working languages and then you will be able to submit your entry in that pair.

I hope this helps.

Remember that you can contact me over skype at rominabona (Argentina)

Please let me know if you ha
... See more
Dear Katarina,

Please check that the entry you want to submit matches the language pairs you reported in your profile. If the entry is in a language combination you have not reported in your profile yet, you should first add that combination to your working languages and then you will be able to submit your entry in that pair.

I hope this helps.

Remember that you can contact me over skype at rominabona (Argentina)

Please let me know if you have further problems!

Regards,
Romina
Collapse

Ingo Breuer
Ingo Breuer  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:26
Dutch to German
+ ...
Experience Feb 29, 2008

Friday, february 29th, 2008, 9:38 pm (Greenwitch - 1). There's no french nor portuguese text yet. It won't come anymore, will it?

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Portuguese and French source texts Mar 1, 2008

Dear Ingo,

quote]Ingo Breuer wrote:

Friday, february 29th, 2008, 9:38 pm (Greenwitch - 1). There's no french nor portuguese text yet. It won't come anymore, will it? [/quote]

There will definitely be a source text in French and another one Portuguese in the upcoming contest.

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
Romina

Dasa Suciu
Dasa Suciu  Identity Verified
English to Romanian
+ ...
footnotes Mar 1, 2008

Is it allowed to put footnotes with explanations at the end of the translation for terms where it is better to let them as in the original than to translate them? Thanks!

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
Hola, Romina Mar 3, 2008

RominaZ wrote:

With this new design it is still possible to view the status of all the source texts. If you click on "view" next to "submissions" you'll see the number of entries submitted in each target language. Next to "More source texts" you'll see the links to the other source texts. Click on the source text of your interest and repeat the process. In this way you can see the number of entries each source text received and the target languages present in the contest.

Regards,

Romina

I see no "View" button next to "Submissions". I am looking at the English text and underneath there is a "Submissions: 175" and nothing next to it to enable me to see at least the English-Greek submissions.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Nadia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

6th ProZ.com Translation Contest: submission phase is on!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »