Translation Contest: Can't post feedback
Thread poster: zsuzsa369 (X)
zsuzsa369 (X)
zsuzsa369 (X)
Local time: 17:18
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 29, 2007

I'd like to post some feedback comments about the translation contest, but I do not seem to have this function available. Is this because of a technical fault - or is this feature unavailable to non-paying members?

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:18
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Not a bug - Only paying members Dec 30, 2007

I can see the textbox at the bottom of the contest page and here is what the header says:

Feedback - 5th ProZ.com Translation Contest
This space is provided for feedback and suggestions about the contest in this particular language pair.
As we have already planned, this feature is now open to all members (full, community and student members).

So, it seems it is a member-only function. However, maybe you can use the "Add Note" button at each entry - can you see those?

zsuzsa369 (X)
zsuzsa369 (X)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't matter... Dec 30, 2007

Thanks, Kati. The 'Add Note' button is no longer available. I guess, I'm just still confused about member status on this site. I assumed that the term 'community members' referred to non-paying, but registered members, like me.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate the winners (including you!), so congratulations, and I also wanted to mention that I think all five finalists came up with some truly brilliant ideas and the "perfect" translation would be a combination of these. ... See more
Thanks, Kati. The 'Add Note' button is no longer available. I guess, I'm just still confused about member status on this site. I assumed that the term 'community members' referred to non-paying, but registered members, like me.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate the winners (including you!), so congratulations, and I also wanted to mention that I think all five finalists came up with some truly brilliant ideas and the "perfect" translation would be a combination of these.

Zsuzsa
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:18
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Community members = community partial membership - but why the limitation? Dec 30, 2007

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith wrote:
I guess, I'm just still confused about member status on this site. I assumed that the term 'community members' referred to non-paying, but registered members, like me.

Zsuzsa, I agree that the terminology related to the membership categories sometimes can be confusing.
"Community members" means those that purchased "community partial membership".
See here:
http://www.proz.com/join/individual

On another note, I moved this thread to the Contests forum, as it is not a bug, but related to how the contest is organized.

Your question prompts another one:
As all users (that is non-paying registered people), and not only members were allowed to vote in the contest, I don't understand why the feedback feature is limited to paying members. It doesn't make much sense to me, as it is like saying "yeah, we want your vote but we don't want your opinions/explanations/suggestions etc."

Romina, why is this restriction?

zsuzsa369 (X)
zsuzsa369 (X)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 30, 2007

"Community members" means those that purchased "community partial membership".
See here:
http://www.proz.com/join/individual

Thank you, Kati, I understand the difference now. I'm a 'user' not a 'member'. Fair enough.

I could have just posted my comments on the Hungarian forum, but I genuinely thought there was something wrong with the system and I wanted to do it properly. Like you said, it does seem a bit illogical that you can vote but you're not allowed to leave feedback on the results.

Never mind. Thank you for your help.

Zsuzsa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Contest: Can't post feedback

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »