Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 27, 2007

Dear contest participants,

I'm glad to announce that a new feature has been added to the contest page. As of now, you can easily export each entry you have submitted to any of the translation contests as sample translations to the portfolio section in your profile.

To do so, just go to the relevant contest page and language pair and click on the "add to portfolio" link at the bottom of your entry.

Winning entries will be shown with the "winner" badge in the
... See more

I'm glad to announce that a new feature has been added to the contest page. As of now, you can easily export each entry you have submitted to any of the translation contests as sample translations to the portfolio section in your profile.

To do so, just go to the relevant contest page and language pair and click on the "add to portfolio" link at the bottom of your entry.

Winning entries will be shown with the "winner" badge in the portfolio and the reference to the contest will be shown with each entry. The material included in the portfolio section can be edited or even removed at any time.

You have worked hard on your translations, and you must be proud of them. Exporting them to your portfolio will help you have a stronger profile too.

And if you manage to complete your profile by December 28, you will automatically participate in the draw described at http://www.proz.com/topic/91978

I hope you try it!

Regards,
Romina
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:09
English to Dutch
+ ...
Just tried, Dec 27, 2007

it works. Thanks Romina and Jared!

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:09
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Export to Portfolio when translation was done in pairs Dec 28, 2007

Romina, Jared,
The function to export the winning contest entry to one's portfolio is great.
However, it does not take into account entries that were submitted in pairs.
It would be nice if such entries could be exported with a note at the bottom "In collaboration with XYZ" where XYZ is the name of the other contestant with a link to his/her profile.

I exported my entry, and added this note manually, but unfortunately at that point the header with the logo was lost
... See more
Romina, Jared,
It would be nice if such entries could be exported with a note at the bottom "In collaboration with XYZ" where XYZ is the name of the other contestant with a link to his/her profile.

I exported my entry, and added this note manually, but unfortunately at that point the header with the logo was lost.
If you look in my profile, I added the entry again using the link from the contest entry, that's the first one in my portfolio, and right below that is the one I edited. I obviously don't want to have both of those there, but I left it there for now so you could see.

Since there were several pairs winning this round of the contest (and maybe more will in the future), I think this is something that needs to be added. Perhaps as an option? "Do you want to add reference to your colleague?" - although it is hard for me to imagine why one would not want to do that, if they worked together and won the contest together, afterall...

Can this be done, please?

[Módosítva: 2007-12-28 15:56]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 00:09
SITE STAFF
Thanks for the feedback on this Dec 28, 2007

Hello Katalin,

Great idea! We've got a developer working on incorporating this feature.

Best regards,

Jared

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent response and feedback! Dec 28, 2007

This is to inform you that 142 contest entries have been exported to profile portfolios so far.

I'm glad most of you liked this new feature and I hope that more participants decide to use it!

Regards,
Romina

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:09
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thank you for the dual entry export function Jan 11, 2008

Katalin wrote:

Jared Tabor wrote:

Hello Katalin,

Great idea! We've got a developer working on incorporating this feature.

Best regards,

Jared

I was about to ask if there was any progress, but then I saw you already implemented it.
Thank you, it works very nicely.
The only thing is that the "Remove from Portfolio" function on the contest entry page does not seem to work.
I tried and it did not remove the entry from my portfolio.
(Which is OK, as I can always delete it manually, by editing the portfolio content.)

[Módosítva: 2008-01-11 05:06]

Marisa Raich
Marisa Raich  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:09
English to Catalan
+ ...
cannot export to profile - help! Feb 23, 2008

Hi Romina

Just tried to export my translation to my profile, but just cannot find a way to do so. All I see at the bottom of my entry (after clicking on "edit your entry" is this:

"Did you work with a partner on this contest entry? If so, identify your partner now: [Search]
Show my name with my entry after voting closes, even if I do not win.
[Print your translation]"

I would say I am missing something, but just cannot find a way... can you he
... See more
Hi Romina

Just tried to export my translation to my profile, but just cannot find a way to do so. All I see at the bottom of my entry (after clicking on "edit your entry" is this:

"Did you work with a partner on this contest entry? If so, identify your partner now: [Search]

I would say I am missing something, but just cannot find a way... can you help please?

Many thanks.
Collapse

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exporting only when the contest has finished Feb 25, 2008

Dear Marisa,

Marisa Raich wrote:

Hi Romina

I would say I am missing something, but just cannot find a way... can you help please?

Many thanks.

I'll explain here what we've already talked about in private, in case others share the same doubt.

Exporting your translations to your profiles is only possible when the voting phase has finished.

During the voting phase, entries are shown with a number only and the name
of the author is hidden. This is done to ensure a fair voting. Once the
contest is finished and winners are announced, names are shown and then
you'll be able to export your entries. Winners will be announced on
March 31.

Regards,

Romina

Forrest Liang
Forrest Liang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 11:09
English to Chinese
Help Mar 27, 2008

Why can't I find my entry for the Third Contest? I would like to export it to my profile as a sample translation too, I think this is a great idea. Thank you in advance for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contest entries can now be exported to profiles as sample translations

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »