Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Winners of the Third ProZ.com Translation Contest!
Thread poster: María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 22:34
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
You have participated in Russian>French Jul 17, 2007

Dear Dmitriy,

You are right, you have participated in Russian> French, I have just edited the postings above.

Well, as regards the opinion of a native speaker, you have your entry visible and with the possibility of receiving comments about it. I hope you'll get some notes sooner.

Congratulations again!
Next time I hope you will get the chance to take part in the real contest battle.

Kind regards,
Florencia

Susie Miles (X)
Susie Miles (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Not my original idea, but I emphatically agree Jul 18, 2007

unadiluna wrote:

Dear Florencia, Thank you for efforts in creating all these contests. This time I enjoyed participating more, wonder why (heheheheh!)...Anyway I wanted to tell you that I find ProZ an excellent site for several reasons and not only for its usefulness from a professional point of view and the sofisticated and complex but nonetheless user-friendly layout, but also because of the sense of community created through these contests, the quick polls and the help given to other translators with translation problems.

Hilde wonders why several translators changed the original names. In the case of a novel or short story I would have not changed them ( Yes, Anne Cole would certainly sound peculiar!) but in this case I felt that using Italian names sounded more natural in an Italian text and foreign names could distract the reader from its humorous intent.

I agree with Susie's idea of asking a reputable translator to make comments on all the translations entered because I think we could learn from his/her observations.

Hasta la next contest!

Dear Unadiluna,
Please note that the idea of some reputable translator(s) in the given pairs to make comments on the translations entered was not originally my idea (please see Mr. Enowtakuems posting above), but I emphatically agree with it.
Hasta la next then!

[Edited at 2007-07-18 18:05]

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Looking forward to the Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest! Jul 24, 2007

Dear member,

The Third ProZ.com Translation Contest has recently finished. Winners were announced and below them, as you might have noticed, there were many language pairs where no winners were selected because there were very few entries to make it to the voting phase.

For this reason, we thought that by allowing the submission of entries in the English source text of the Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest in advance we could give members more time to submit. This c
... See more
Dear member,

The Third ProZ.com Translation Contest has recently finished. Winners were announced and below them, as you might have noticed, there were many language pairs where no winners were selected because there were very few entries to make it to the voting phase.

For this reason, we thought that by allowing the submission of entries in the English source text of the Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest in advance we could give members more time to submit. This could be relevant in language pairs which receive very few entries.

As of now the submission phase is open; you are invited to submit your entry and edit it until the submission phase is over.

The other source texts will be added as soon as they are selected.

To be able to submit your entry go to the contest page: http://www.proz.com/contests

Thanks again for all your support and participation!

Kind regards,
Florencia
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winners of the Third ProZ.com Translation Contest!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »