Thread poster: María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 20:36
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Qualification round Jun 26, 2007

Dear members,

The 3rd ProZ.com contest submission phase has finished and now the qualification round will begin!

The qualification phase will only consist of those language pairs with more than six entries; however, language pairs with less than six entries will still have the opportunity to participate until the qualification round is over.

Once the qualification phase finishes, the voting phase will begin for those entries that have made it through the q
... See more
Dear members,

The 3rd ProZ.com contest submission phase has finished and now the qualification round will begin!

The qualification phase will only consist of those language pairs with more than six entries; however, language pairs with less than six entries will still have the opportunity to participate until the qualification round is over.

Once the qualification phase finishes, the voting phase will begin for those entries that have made it through the qualification round and for those language pairs with at least three entries.

Thank you all for participating in this 3rd ProZ.com translation contest!

Kind regards,
Collapse

Alexander Onishko
Alexander Onishko  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
What means the second numeral ? Jun 26, 2007

Russian 22 /1

I suppose that 22 is the total number of submitted translations.

What then means 1 ? The number of entries already qualified or the number of entries already disqualified ?

If I vote now - will I see that entry ?

====
OOPS ! It's already "Russian 21 / 2 "

[Edited at 2007-06-26 20:35]

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
These are the "pending / qualified entries" Jun 26, 2007

Alexander Onishko wrote:

Russian 22 /1

I suppose that 22 is the total number of submitted translations.

What then means 1 ? The number of entries already qualified or the number of entries already disqualified ?

If I vote now - will I see that entry ?

====
OOPS ! It's already "Russian 21 / 2 "

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for pointing to this. If you pass your mouse over the numbers you will see a message stating "pending / qualified entries". We will post this more clearly in the interface.

The meaning of "21 / 2" is "there are 21 entries with qualification still pending and 2 entries that have alrady qualified for the next round, based on the qualification votes received"

Regards,
Enrique

Alexander Onishko
Russian to English
+ ...
Thank you, Enrique, Jun 27, 2007

for the explanation

Alexander Onishko
Russian to English
+ ...
critical issue in Russian-English Jun 27, 2007

Yesterday I saw this language pair in the qualification stage but today it's again in the submission stage.

1) Can somebody explain why ?

2) This is against the principles of the contest that the participant should not see other entries.

Now, somebody who have seen other entries yesterday will be able to submit his own entry having considered the other's entries.

Also, somebody who already submitted an entry will be able to edit his entry o
... See more
Yesterday I saw this language pair in the qualification stage but today it's again in the submission stage.

1) Can somebody explain why ?

2) This is against the principles of the contest that the participant should not see other entries.

Now, somebody who have seen other entries yesterday will be able to submit his own entry having considered the other's entries.

Also, somebody who already submitted an entry will be able to edit his entry on the basis of the other entries.

This is unfair I believe.

I believe you should roll back to the yesterday's state and discard all changes and new submissions made after the entries were open.

[Edited at 2007-06-27 09:24]
Collapse

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
I will have the developer check that Jun 27, 2007

Dear Alexander,

Let me look at that pair with the developer. I will make changes accordingly.

I apologize for this.

Kind regards,
Florencia

Monika Silea
Monika Silea  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 02:36
English to Romanian
+ ...
Have fun! Jun 27, 2007

[quote]Florencia Vita wrote:

Dear members,

Hello!
This is great! I'm eager about the voting! Hey, fellows working in the En>Ro pair, join the contest! You can still submit entries, even though the pair has 7 entries already! It's fun and it is useful! Let's read, ponder and vote!
May the best win! And for those who do not win: have loads of fun!

Jussi Rosti
Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Finnish in Qualification Phase? Jun 27, 2007

There are languages in qualification phase, even if there is not yet 6 (or even 3) entries submitted. Does this not disclose the competitors' translations for the late birds?

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved now Jun 27, 2007

Dear all,

The problem with the Russian>English language pair has already been solved.
Fortunately, there were no new entries submitted from the moment the language pair was wrongly admitting new submissions, so there was no need to delete any of them.

Now Russian> English pair is in its qualification round again.

During the process of solving this problem - for less than a minute- all the language pairs with less than 6 entries were placed in the qua
... See more
Dear all,

The problem with the Russian>English language pair has already been solved.
Fortunately, there were no new entries submitted from the moment the language pair was wrongly admitting new submissions, so there was no need to delete any of them.

Now Russian> English pair is in its qualification round again.

During the process of solving this problem - for less than a minute- all the language pairs with less than 6 entries were placed in the qualification round.

Everything goes back to normal now.

My apologies for this inconveniences.

Thanks you all for your participation and support!

Kind regards,
Florencia
Collapse

Alexander Onishko
Russian to English
+ ...
Thank you, Florencia! Jun 27, 2007

For your kind and prompt help.

Jussi Rosti
Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Thank you! Jun 27, 2007

For your quick response.

Larissa Boutrimova
Larissa Boutrimova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:36
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Qualification votes Jun 27, 2007

Enrique wrote:

The meaning of "21 / 2" is "there are 21 entries with qualification still pending and 2 entries that have alrady qualified for the next round, based on the qualification votes received"

Hi Enrique,

how many votes must an entry receive to be qualified for the next round?

Thanks,
Larissa

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Qualification phase Jun 27, 2007

Larissa B wrote:

Enrique wrote:

Hi Enrique,

how many votes must an entry receive to be qualified for the next round?

Thanks,
Larissa

Hi Larissa,

In the qualification phase of the current contest an entry is automatically moved into the next round when it receives 3 net positive votes (yes votes minus no votes).

At the end of the qualification phase there is another evaluation of the remaining entries.

Regards,
Enrique

Nik-On/Off
Nik-On/Off  Identity Verified
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
theoretically Jun 27, 2007

Enrique wrote:
In the qualification phase of the current contest an entry is automatically moved into the next round when it receives 3 net positive votes (yes votes minus no votes).

Hi Enrique,

Does it mean that all the entries can be qualified for the next round?

Dmitrii

Ildiko Santana
Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:36
Member (2002)
Hungarian to English
+ ...

Voting Jun 27, 2007

Dear All,

Please excuse my ignorance but ...... WHO gets to vote?

Ildiko

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Third ProZ.com Translation Contest!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »