The second translation contest is now in the VOTING phase.
Thread poster: María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 10:32
SITE STAFF
Apr 17, 2007

At this stage site members having the corresponding language pair among their "working" or "interest" pairs will be able to cast their votes among the entries that have approved the qualification phase and to post messages to entries (these messages can be public, or addressed to the poster or to staff).

Following a suggestion from our members, voters will be allowed to select their first favorite, and then a second and a third in each language pair where they can vote (assigning 4,
... See more
At this stage site members having the corresponding language pair among their "working" or "interest" pairs will be able to cast their votes among the entries that have approved the qualification phase and to post messages to entries (these messages can be public, or addressed to the poster or to staff).

Following a suggestion from our members, voters will be allowed to select their first favorite, and then a second and a third in each language pair where they can vote (assigning 4, 2 and 1 points respectively). Please remember to vote in that order (the one you like the most should be voted first)

Voting will be possible only in pairs where at least three entries were qualified in the previous phase.

The voting phase will last until 3pm (GMT) on 24th April. After that winners will be announced and the names of posters will be made visible (winners and those who opted for showing their names even if they did not win).

Please visit the contest page at http://www.proz.com/?sp=event/contest_board or select Community -> Contest at the top dropdown menu.

Thanks for supporting the site!
Florencia
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:32
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
hohum.... Esperanto!? Apr 17, 2007

Hi Florencia:

I feel sort of locked out, as I do not / cant handle the Spanish (i.e.Castillian) / all else language pair.

Could you pls plan a Esperanto / XYZ or Latin (Augustinian/Cesarean/Plinian) / Slavic languages pairs?

I do not want to interfere with ProZ' marketing drive, but then again - as Denng Xiao-ping (oops, was ist Mao?) said: "Let the thousand flowers bloom" And, gosh - I hope you agree -, Castillian is just one of them all.
<
... See more
Hi Florencia:

I feel sort of locked out, as I do not / cant handle the Spanish (i.e.Castillian) / all else language pair.

Could you pls plan a Esperanto / XYZ or Latin (Augustinian/Cesarean/Plinian) / Slavic languages pairs?

I do not want to interfere with ProZ' marketing drive, but then again - as Denng Xiao-ping (oops, was ist Mao?) said: "Let the thousand flowers bloom" And, gosh - I hope you agree -, Castillian is just one of them all.

Even if it makes most sense on the Magellan straights - Niagara Falls dimension.

Sincerely yours

smo

[Edited at 2007-04-17 20:14]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
to clarify... Apr 18, 2007

Of course, I wish the staff and the participants all the best.

Maybe, maybe ... some day there will be a contest to translate from a Slavic language. The fact, that Bartek with her Polish colleagues is all-time champion at her stratospheric 41045 Kudoz points could serve as a starting hint.

Regards

Vito

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Local contests ;) Apr 18, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

Maybe, maybe ... some day there will be a contest to translate from a Slavic language. The fact, that Bartek with her Polish colleagues is all-time champion at her stratospheric 41045 Kudoz points could serve as a starting hint.

Hi Vito,
in fact so far there was over 30 contests to translate from and into Polish on Polish forum organised by forumers.

Haven't seen any recently, but they've been fun.

Magda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The second translation contest is now in the VOTING phase.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »