9th ProZ.com translation contest: Business. Qualification phase extended
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Sep 26, 2009

Dear members,

It has been brought to my attention that tagging and agreeing/disagreeing functions may not have been working properly. This issue is being then processed internally by site developers to ensure both functions work as expected.

For this, it was decided to extend the qualification phase until tomorrow, Sunday 27, 9:00 GMT, to allow raters to add their tags appropriately when rating entries.

I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this issue
... See more
Dear members,

It has been brought to my attention that tagging and agreeing/disagreeing functions may not have been working properly. This issue is being then processed internally by site developers to ensure both functions work as expected.

For this, it was decided to extend the qualification phase until tomorrow, Sunday 27, 9:00 GMT, to allow raters to add their tags appropriately when rating entries.

I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you and I appreciate your understanding.

You are all invited to help decide which entries get to the final voting phase.

More information on how rating works is available here.

Thank you all for your participation.

Please, let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:49
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Thanks for the extension Sep 27, 2009

Yes, I certainly have had many, many problems and I welcome the extension. Making use of it, I went back into the contest a few minutes ago.

When I first looked though the entries in my pair, some time ago now, I viewed each with the source text by its side. As well as tagging and voting, I wrote a few personal comments in the box at the bottom. Since then, I've always used the "show all entries" option, with the source at the top.

Today, I decided to check out the per
... See more
Yes, I certainly have had many, many problems and I welcome the extension. Making use of it, I went back into the contest a few minutes ago.

When I first looked though the entries in my pair, some time ago now, I viewed each with the source text by its side. As well as tagging and voting, I wrote a few personal comments in the box at the bottom. Since then, I've always used the "show all entries" option, with the source at the top.

Today, I decided to check out the personal comments I had made so (as they are missing from the 'view all' screen) I went to the side-by-side screen. Here, I was presented with ALL the 35 original entries - some of which I hadn't seen for a long time. The #4 entry on that screen bears no relation to the #4 entry I see if I ask to view them all.

I'm getting more and more confused by the minute. What is going on here?
Collapse

cc in nyc
cc in nyc  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:49
French to English
Suggestion: change the posted date on CONTEST pages Sep 27, 2009

The dates on the CONTEST PAGES still show the 26th as the cutoff for feeedback.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for reporting this, Sheila. Sep 27, 2009

Hello Sheila,

Please note that both in qualifying and voting rounds, entries are presented to each viewer in a different, random order. Once the order is set for a given viewer, this order does not change.

I was able to reproduce the issue you report for pairs in qualification phase before the phase closed. For entries in these pairs, when the mode was changed from View each entry side by side with source text to All entries, or vice versa, the order chang
... See more
Hello Sheila,

Please note that both in qualifying and voting rounds, entries are presented to each viewer in a different, random order. Once the order is set for a given viewer, this order does not change.

I was able to reproduce the issue you report for pairs in qualification phase before the phase closed. For entries in these pairs, when the mode was changed from View each entry side by side with source text to All entries, or vice versa, the order changed (both settings were saved for each mode though).

I will make sure this function is working properly for pairs in final voting round and that it is fixed for pairs in qualification phase for the next contest.

Thanks for bringing this into my attention.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 27, 2009

loractraduit wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! I will see that this information is updated now.

Regards,

Lucia

cc in nyc
cc in nyc  Identity Verified
French to English
Qualification phase over now Sep 27, 2009

Hi again, and thanks! But I think the point is moot now... Some contests are now between phases, waiting for final voting to begin.

(And yet, the CONTEST PAGES still say "Qualification phase is open!" Maybe most people probably aren't confused... I'm new here, but I'm catching on too.)

[Edited at 2009-09-27 20:56 GMT]

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
English
Adjusted Sep 28, 2009

loractraduit wrote:

I have updated the date on the contest page to the 27th.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Manager

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:49
German to English
+ ...
Kudoz links Sep 28, 2009

The links to the contest from within KudoZ questions are still inviting members to rate the entries.

And the news section to the right of the home page is still saying 'qualification phase is under way'!

Regards
Mary

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks, Mary Sep 28, 2009

Mary Worby wrote:

The links to the contest from within KudoZ questions are still inviting members to rate the entries.

And the news section to the right of the home page is still saying 'qualification phase is under way'!

Regards
Mary

Hi Mary,

Thanks for calling attention to these two oversights. They've been corrected.

Henry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

9th ProZ.com translation contest: Business. Qualification phase extended

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »