Thread poster: paul vial
paul vial
paul vial
France
Local time: 07:19
English to French
Mar 3, 2009

Hello ,
I just signed in , and am searching my way round the site.
Is the contest closed ?
I do not seem to find where to post my entry .... must be blind
Help and guidance welcome

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-03-04 11:12 GMT]

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
The 1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest has officially finished. Winners announced in all pairs Mar 5, 2009

Hi paul vial,

The 1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest has officially finished. Winners are being announced in all pairs.

There will be more editions of ProZ.com Translation Contests in 2009. You can subscribe to receive contest related notifications from the contest page http://www.proz.com/contests by clicking on the "click here to subscribe" on the left.

See you i
... See more
Hi paul vial,

The 1st Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest has officially finished. Winners are being announced in all pairs.

There will be more editions of ProZ.com Translation Contests in 2009. You can subscribe to receive contest related notifications from the contest page http://www.proz.com/contests by clicking on the "click here to subscribe" on the left.

See you in the next edition of the contest.

Romina
Collapse

paul vial
paul vial
France
Local time: 07:19
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you RominaZ Mar 5, 2009

Thank you and apologies ,
I did realise, somewhat late, that in fact the winners and their submission text had been posted, making my question if not silly, at least obsolete.
Are the contests regular and the dates fixed ? Or do we need to wait to be contacted to find out when the next one takes place , as seems to be implied by your kind answer ???
Again many thanks for your reply, and given a bit more time to familarize myself with the site, and perhaps I will not make a
... See more
Thank you and apologies ,
I did realise, somewhat late, that in fact the winners and their submission text had been posted, making my question if not silly, at least obsolete.
Are the contests regular and the dates fixed ? Or do we need to wait to be contacted to find out when the next one takes place , as seems to be implied by your kind answer ???
Again many thanks for your reply, and given a bit more time to familarize myself with the site, and perhaps I will not make a fool of myself again ...:)
Collapse

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
ProZ.com Translation Contests: date for the next edition not fixed yet. Mar 5, 2009

Hi paul vial,

I appreciate your interest in ProZ.com Translation Contests. Every time a new edition of the contest is on and submission is open, this is publicized with announcements in this forum, banners displayed on the hompage, notifications sent to subscribed members and users and, if applicable, a feature in the ProZ.com newsletter.

There is more information about c
... See more
Hi paul vial,

I appreciate your interest in ProZ.com Translation Contests. Every time a new edition of the contest is on and submission is open, this is publicized with announcements in this forum, banners displayed on the hompage, notifications sent to subscribed members and users and, if applicable, a feature in the ProZ.com newsletter.

There is more information about contests here http://www.proz.com/faq/contests.html

Stay tuned for the next translation contest.

Romina
Collapse

Lys Nguyen
Lys Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 12:19
Member (2005)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Updates on prize draw (Dell, iPhone, etc) Mar 10, 2009

Dear RominaZ,

Could you please let me know if there will be a prize draw among winners of all language pairs after this contest?

Best regards,
Lys Nguyen

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Prize drawing has been held. Winners are being announced here http://www.proz.com/topic/129719 Mar 10, 2009

Dear Lys Nguyen,

Thanks for your follow-up.

The prize winners are being announced here http://www.proz.com/topic/129719

I hope to see you in the next translation contest.

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is the contest closed?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »