1st Annual Proz.com Translation Contest. Last week to submit your entry.
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2008

Dear members,

I'd like to remind you that submission for the 1st Annual Proz.com Translation Contest will close next Thursday, November 20.

With a total of eleven source texts in different languages (note that German has been recently added) and 324 entries submitted so far, it is expected that this Contest will see the participation of more members than ever before.

You can see
... See more
Dear members,

I'd like to remind you that submission for the 1st Annual Proz.com Translation Contest will close next Thursday, November 20.

With a total of eleven source texts in different languages (note that German has been recently added) and 324 entries submitted so far, it is expected that this Contest will see the participation of more members than ever before.

You can see the texts and submit your entry here.

More information about translation contests is available at the contest page: Contest FAQ, Forum, Contest Rules and Support .

See you there.

Romina
Collapse

Roshini Sacra
Roshini Sacra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:22
Member (2008)
Norwegian to English
Norwegian - English Nov 14, 2008

Hallo Romina,

I was just wondering if Norwegian to English could be a possibility as well? Thought I'd suggest it at any rate

Thanks!
Roshini

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not this time Nov 17, 2008

Hi Roshini,

Roshini Sacra wrote:

Hallo Romina,

I was just wondering if Norwegian to English could be a possibility as well? Thought I'd suggest it at any rate

Thanks!
Roshini

I don't think we could add another source text for this contest as submission will close on November 20. However, having a Norwegian source text for next year is a good suggestion.

If you are interested in proposing a source text please contact me at romina at proz.com and I'll send you the guidelines and topics for next year.

Regards,
Romina

Mariza Conde (MD, PhD)
Mariza Conde (MD, PhD)
Brazil
Local time: 23:22
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
How can I send the translated text? Nov 17, 2008

Hi Romina,

I couldn't find orientations on sending the translated text on the contest page. So, I'm asking a little help.

Thanks.

Mariza Conde

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Entering the contest. Nov 17, 2008

Hi Mariza Conde,

Only full professional, corporate (account type "freelancer/company"), partial community and student ProZ.com members can take part in the submission phase for now. You currently hold a "partial jobs" membership type.

You can find more information here http://www.proz.com/?sp=contests&sp_mode=faqs#contests.3

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1st Annual Proz.com Translation Contest. Last week to submit your entry.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »