Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
1st Annual Proz.com Translation Contest: Awakening. Submission is on.
Thread poster: RominaZ
eng2chi
eng2chi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
several suggests Nov 13, 2008

I've participated in the contests several times before, with a not-bad result in the recent one.

First I would like to mention two points the Proz team has done very well:

1. Incentive offer is a nice move in this contest ... but more are welcome, like some incentives given in review/comment phases
2. The platform since last contest is a breakthrough, by allowing marking and annotation ... I expect it can be further innovated.

Also I'd like to raise
... See more
I've participated in the contests several times before, with a not-bad result in the recent one.

First I would like to mention two points the Proz team has done very well:

1. Incentive offer is a nice move in this contest ... but more are welcome, like some incentives given in review/comment phases
2. The platform since last contest is a breakthrough, by allowing marking and annotation ... I expect it can be further innovated.

Also I'd like to raise several suggestion, for a better and fair contest:

1. Compulsory peer challenge/vote among contestants ... because only those who are contestants know the source very well ... other outside observers might only read the translation for one time before they judge

2. Votes from non-contestant should just have lower weights in the total score (or before the due of the submission, call for a review team/panel who will do thorough review in qualification/final round --- their scores can have higher weights)

In conclusion... we expect a contest approaching the real world setting, where those really involved and true professionals are mostly relied on...

[Edited at 2008-11-13 15:39]
Collapse

Isabelita Echevarria Prengel
Isabelita Echevarria Prengel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:02
German to Spanish
+ ...
What if I can't meet the deadline Nov 13, 2008

Hello Romina,

I would like to participate in the contest, but don't know by now how much work I will get next week. Can I cancel my participation once I have made an entry?

Regards,

Isabel

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Prize Policy for Collaborated Entries Nov 15, 2008

Hello Romina,

I would like to know about Site's prize policies in case when a collaborated (with partner) entry would win the contest.

What will be done in such case?

Thanks in advance

M. Ali

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Withdrawing an entry from the contest Nov 17, 2008

Hi Isabelita,

Isabelita wrote:

Hello Romina,

I would like to participate in the contest, but don't know by now how much work I will get next week. Can I cancel my participation once I have made an entry?

Regards,

Isabel

You can cancel your participation by sending a support ticket http://www.proz.com/support before the voting round starts in your pair. Voting in all pairs that received 3 or more entries during submission will start on November 21.

Regards,

Romina

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The draw will be done using the profile numbers Nov 17, 2008

Hi M. Ali,

M. Ali Bayraktar wrote:

Hello Romina,

I would like to know about Site's prize policies in case when a collaborated (with partner) entry would win the contest.

What will be done in such case?

Thanks in advance

M. Ali

Once the contest winners are announced the draw will be held using the profile numbers of the contest winners so that all contest winners have equal chances, independent of whether they have entered alone or with a partner.

Regards,
Romina

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Last question! Nov 21, 2008

Dear Romina,

I would like to ask my last question about the entries in the contest.

As you know there are a lot of submissions in various languages (more than 400 from English)

Although you have provided detailed information both through FAQ and in Forum posts there is one important point which is not still obvious.

This point is;

How do you be sure that, those more than 400 entries are translated in accordance with the the source
... See more
Dear Romina,

I would like to ask my last question about the entries in the contest.

As you know there are a lot of submissions in various languages (more than 400 from English)

Although you have provided detailed information both through FAQ and in Forum posts there is one important point which is not still obvious.

This point is;

How do you be sure that, those more than 400 entries are translated in accordance with the the source texts and they do not include any offensive, jargon, absurd or not related texts? Are you providing pre-check of the submitted texts? If yes then who checks them?

Best Regards,

M. Ali
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

1st Annual Proz.com Translation Contest: Awakening. Submission is on.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »