Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
ProZ.com translation contest. Qualification round test.
Thread poster: RominaZ
yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:44
French to Russian
+ ...
comments on the new system Jun 4, 2008

Is it possible in future contest for the dislike tags to put "Other" first and by default? I think it's used the most often.
I wonder also if the URL field is really necessary in all the tags. A comment field would be appreciated. I would appreciate also the number of characters for the comment field to be increased.

And is it possible to skip the "close this window" dialog? When you look through 20 variants with a lot of comments on every entry, it's not fun to click tens of
... See more
Is it possible in future contest for the dislike tags to put "Other" first and by default? I think it's used the most often.
I wonder also if the URL field is really necessary in all the tags. A comment field would be appreciated. I would appreciate also the number of characters for the comment field to be increased.

And is it possible to skip the "close this window" dialog? When you look through 20 variants with a lot of comments on every entry, it's not fun to click tens of times "close this window".

And it would be cool if the text windows were a little bit larger. Now even the forum topic body field is larger then the texts fields.

[Edited at 2008-06-04 23:57]

UPD: bug
If there are quote marks (") in the text, it's impossible to tag a phrase that contains them.

[Edited at 2008-06-05 00:23]
Collapse

patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
I ditto everything Yani says... Jun 4, 2008

and would also suggest that tags are also highlighted in the text when you "view all tags", or at least, referenced by line number. I have already seen cases where an article is tagged but there's no way to tell where it appears in the entry.

We don't want much do we?

Paul O'Brien
Paul O'Brien  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:44
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Number of entries should be limited Jun 24, 2008

I did some marking in the first round in the Spanish>English section, but found it very hard work going through the something like 32 entries. I couldn't do them all at once and came back to them according as I found time. But the round was over before I could finish grading, which meant that some entries didn't get my vote, quite simply because I hadn't read them. I think entries should be limited to the first 20 as this gives voters a lot less work to do and, as in my case at least, would ensu... See more
I did some marking in the first round in the Spanish>English section, but found it very hard work going through the something like 32 entries. I couldn't do them all at once and came back to them according as I found time. But the round was over before I could finish grading, which meant that some entries didn't get my vote, quite simply because I hadn't read them. I think entries should be limited to the first 20 as this gives voters a lot less work to do and, as in my case at least, would ensure that all entries are viewed and graded/commented upon.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com translation contest. Qualification round test.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »