For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
French property sales contracts (Compromis de vente) - legal terminology

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "French property sales contracts (Compromis de vente) - legal terminology ".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:35
French to English
+ ...
Interested but ... Nov 18, 2016

I am certainly interested in this training, but was a bit surprised to see "notaires (lawyers)", as they are, I believe, notaries rather than the people to use if you expect legal advice in the event of litigation, who would be "avocats".

sue leschen
sue leschen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:35
English to French
+ ...
Compromis de vente - Notaires and Avocats Nov 22, 2016

Thanks for your comment.
Notaries can give advice (but not represent clients in court) on various matters such as conveyancing and can simultaneously act on behalf of both parties
Avocats can only represent one party whilst litigating in court
I hope very much that you will join us at the webinar later today.
regards
Sue Leschen
Presenter
Lawyer - linguist ... See more
Thanks for your comment.
Notaries can give advice (but not represent clients in court) on various matters such as conveyancing and can simultaneously act on behalf of both parties
Avocats can only represent one party whilst litigating in court
I hope very much that you will join us at the webinar later today.
regards
Sue Leschen
Presenter
Lawyer - linguist
www.avocat.co.uk
Solicitor (non -practising)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French property sales contracts (Compromis de vente) - legal terminology

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »