For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
HTML for translators

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "HTML for translators".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
New video by Andrea Spila: HTML for translators Jun 29, 2010

This is a video for those translators and editors with an interest in web translation and web writing.
It introduces basic notions of HTML to translators who are willing to understand how this markup language works in order to improve both their web translation and web writing skills.

Those interested website translation and web w
... See more
This is a video for those translators and editors with an interest in web translation and web writing.
It introduces basic notions of HTML to translators who are willing to understand how this markup language works in order to improve both their web translation and web writing skills.

Those interested website translation and web writing may want to check also:

Web writing for translators - video on writing skills useful for translators who intend to translate or write web content that is both easily usable by human beings and findable by search engines.

How to create your professional website in a few hours a self paced course to learn how to create a website with free online tools (this is an example of what you can achieve if you complete this course: http://www.marcocevoli.com/)

Website translation -a four module theoretical and a practical self-paced course on website translation.

Hope you find this interesting!

Regards,

Soledad
Collapse

Araceli Martinez Madrid
Araceli Martinez Madrid  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:06
English to Spanish
OL & UL Aug 15, 2012

Hi, Andrea, hope you are fine. I am attending the webinar HTML for translators where you explain two types of lists, OL and UL, but there is no explanation about OL. This is very clear for me what is an UL, but not an OL. I would appreciate you tell me about it.

Thanks in advance,

Araceli Martinez

Andrea Spila
Andrea Spila
Local time: 22:06
English to Italian
OL & UL Aug 17, 2012

Hi Araceli
OL stands for Ordered List so it can be a numbered list such as this:

1. First item

2. Second item

3. Third item

Instead of the standard numbers (1, 2, 3) you can set other types of ordered symbols, such as letters (a, b, c or i, ii, iii).

If you substitute OL with UL you get an Unordered List:

• First item

• Second item

• Third item

... See more
Hi Araceli
OL stands for Ordered List so it can be a numbered list such as this:

1. First item

2. Second item

3. Third item

Instead of the standard numbers (1, 2, 3) you can set other types of ordered symbols, such as letters (a, b, c or i, ii, iii).

If you substitute OL with UL you get an Unordered List:

• First item

• Second item

• Third item

Hope this is clear.
Take care

Andrea
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML for translators

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »