image cant be attached
Thread poster: Jessicagao
Jessicagao
Jessicagao
Australia
Local time: 08:54
English to Chinese
May 1, 2018

i think it will be a good idea to allow people to post images in forums, because words are not sufficient, pictures are more visualised.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:54
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
You can post images May 1, 2018

You should be able to post images. This is the first time I've tried it so let's see. At the bottom of the message page it says "Drop images here or BROWSE" Hit the Browse button and a line will appear for copying into your message. Do this first or you will find anything you typed beforehand has been erased.

avro_triplane_4_1910

Let's see if that worked.
Yes, it did!

[Edited at 2018-05-01 06:43 GMT]

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 07:54
Member feature May 1, 2018

Hello Jessicagao,

The image uploader that Jack refers to is a member-only feature. As a non-member, you can still embed images in a forum post using the img tag if they are hosted somewhere else.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:54
Danish to English
+ ...
Other forum issues May 1, 2018

Sorry for going off-topic, but now we have Kevin's attention, I'll shamelessly take advantage of it.

Now we're at it, could it possibly be envisioned to switch to HTML for forum emails, or at least get it as an option? The plain-text versions can be unreadable and don’t show images.

And something else: if we just follow a topic casually through emails, we don't get notified when someone changes a previous post. Some users frequently add information to previous posts,
... See more
Sorry for going off-topic, but now we have Kevin's attention, I'll shamelessly take advantage of it.

Now we're at it, could it possibly be envisioned to switch to HTML for forum emails, or at least get it as an option? The plain-text versions can be unreadable and don’t show images.

And something else: if we just follow a topic casually through emails, we don't get notified when someone changes a previous post. Some users frequently add information to previous posts, leaving email users clueless about what is being debated.

And, in light of the GDPR, it should perhaps be made possible for users to delete their old posts directly, rather than having to ask support to do it. I'm not aware of a legal requirement for this, but it would simplify life for all of us.
Collapse

Jessicagao
Jessicagao
Australia
Local time: 08:54
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the explanation! May 1, 2018

Thank you Jack and Kevin! Well noted with the feature classification now, thanks!:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

image cant be attached

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »