Sabrina Bruna  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:53
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 10, 2018

Dear colleagues / Proz technical support team,

I have realized, and this is the second time in few days, that when I post what I am working on, Proz shows "posted via my mobile" or "posted via CafeTran Espresso" when I don't use my mobile or CafeTran Espresso at all to post this information: I wonder why this is happening.

Is this happening to you as well?

Thanks, best,

Sabrina

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Unedited since 5 days
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Unedited since 5 days
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Sabrina Apr 10, 2018

Sabrina Bruna wrote:
When I post what I am working on, Proz shows "posted via my mobile" or "posted via CafeTran Espresso" when I don't use my mobile or CafeTran Espresso at all to post this information.

Your posts show up for me as "posting from ProZ.com". Do they still show up as "via mobile" for you?

sabrina wiwo post

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Synced? Apr 10, 2018

Maybe Sabrina's mobile and CafeTran Espresso are synced with her proz account (without her knowledge - maybe she missed to follow the latest privacy policies of Caftran Espresso or on her mobile when she used proz on mobile the last time).

Sabrina, I suggest you to check your settings on your proz.com account on your mobile and on your CafeTran Espresso. If you don't see that these are synced then you should send a support ticket.

I was very surprised when I saw that we
... See more
Maybe Sabrina's mobile and CafeTran Espresso are synced with her proz account (without her knowledge - maybe she missed to follow the latest privacy policies of Caftran Espresso or on her mobile when she used proz on mobile the last time).

Sabrina, I suggest you to check your settings on your proz.com account on your mobile and on your CafeTran Espresso. If you don't see that these are synced then you should send a support ticket.

I was very surprised when I saw that we can log on with our google and LinkedIn account on our proz.com account. This should never be allowed. When everything are connected with everything it means huge data and huge data means huge money and profit (not for the users).

There is a fantastic article in Hungarian, unfortunately I don't have time to translate it now, if a Hungarian colleague has the time and interest in translating it, then you are more than welcome to translate this exciting article:

https://index.hu/tech/2017/12/01/eszre_se_vettuk_es_elkezdodott_az_mi-apokalipszis/

[Edited at 2018-04-10 12:14 GMT]
Collapse

Sabrina Bruna
Italy
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now my WIWO is ok (appearing posted via Proz.com) Apr 10, 2018

Thanks to your insights, dear colleagues, but please also note that I have never used CafeTrans Espresso, not even for translation, and I have never used my mobile to post anything here on Proz...

Sabrina

Sabrina Bruna
Italy
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now the last WIWOs appear posted via Translators without Borders Apr 10, 2018

Hi there again,

Now the WIWO's posted from h. 12:17 to 14:58 appear as posted via Translators Without Borders, weird...

Sabrina

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 13:53
SITE STAFF
I'm not seeing it, can you send a screenshot or two to the support team? Apr 10, 2018

Hi Sabrina,

Sabrina Bruna wrote:

Hi there again,

Now the WIWO's posted from h. 12:17 to 14:58 appear as posted via Translators Without Borders, weird...

Sabrina

In your list of entries, https://www.proz.com/wiwo/?criteria[entity_id]=1645961 , I am not seeing this. Could you attach a screenshot or two of what your are seeing to a support request at https://www.proz.com/support so that staff can troubleshoot the issue? Thanks!

Jared

Sabrina Bruna
Italy
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just sent a support request Apr 10, 2018

Hi Jared,

I have just followed your suggestion, thanks,

Sabrina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What you are working on, something strange with what Proz shows

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »