Is it possible to edit or delete job quote templates?
Thread poster: lisa kramer taruschio
lisa kramer taruschio
lisa kramer taruschio  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:35
Italian to English
Jan 20, 2013

How do I delete or modify existing templates I have created for my submit quote page?

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:35
Italian to English
Does this help? Jan 20, 2013

http://www.proz.com/faq/3193#3193

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Good question Jan 20, 2013

I believe you're talking about the text of the quote when the poster asks for quotes to be sent via the ProZ.com interface (rather than direct by email). It's an interface that isn't really very complete, to my mind.

You can write a text for a quote that you're really pleased with, and then store it so it will be there to be edited/reused for subsequent quotes. That's a nice feature, certainly. You can even store multiple texts under multiple titles (for example, I've stored one qu
... See more
I believe you're talking about the text of the quote when the poster asks for quotes to be sent via the ProZ.com interface (rather than direct by email). It's an interface that isn't really very complete, to my mind.

You can write a text for a quote that you're really pleased with, and then store it so it will be there to be edited/reused for subsequent quotes. That's a nice feature, certainly. You can even store multiple texts under multiple titles (for example, I've stored one quote text for translating, one for proofreading and one in French). However, AFAIK, editing them when you are quoting for a job is the only way to edit them (or delete them). I don't believe they're accessible outside of the job quote screen. Which is a real shame, as you'll be trying to get your quote out as quickly as possible, so if you've got some new qualification or experience, you've changed your rates or moved country - anything that isn't job-specific - it would really be better to do the changes when there isn't a job waiting.

Personally, I would like to see the job quote interface tidied up quite a lot:
> the quote texts should be available at all times for editing, and they should be fully compatible with the various formatting functions that will be needed: bullet points, with their formatting, are absolutely essential, to my mind;
> the job posting itself should be available at all times, complete with the details of the poster, so that you can refer to it at a later date, rather than disappearing off the face of the earth;
> you should be able to also store those job adverts that you quoted for by email - many times a poster has replied weeks/months/years (yes, it happens) after my quote, and I've no way of finding the original quote. I refuse to print everything, but I do need a record.
Collapse

Waleson Lopes

lisa kramer taruschio
lisa kramer taruschio  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Good answer, Sheila Jan 20, 2013

Sheila, you got it exactly right. I'm new on Proz, but experienced professionally, and noticed immediately how helpful it is to be able to create a 'quote' comment that can be used again or modified or deleted... Like you, I could use various templates: medical, legal, literary, history, etc. Guess we live in hope that there will be a way to modify or delete. I don't even understand if we can delete a template that is already stored.

Thanks for your help. BTW, I do agree 100% with t
... See more
Sheila, you got it exactly right. I'm new on Proz, but experienced professionally, and noticed immediately how helpful it is to be able to create a 'quote' comment that can be used again or modified or deleted... Like you, I could use various templates: medical, legal, literary, history, etc. Guess we live in hope that there will be a way to modify or delete. I don't even understand if we can delete a template that is already stored.

Thanks for your help. BTW, I do agree 100% with the other points you raised. Brilliant.

Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Job quote templates can be edited and removed Jan 21, 2013

Hello all,

You can remove or edit job quote templates directly from the job quote interface (as Sheila notices, there is currently no other separate section to do so, but the suggestion is being recorded for possible future implementation).

To edit a quote template, on the quote form page, click on the template name to the left of the "message" field so that the stored text is loaded. Edit the message accordingly and click on "Save changes to this template". The new ver
... See more
Hello all,

You can remove or edit job quote templates directly from the job quote interface (as Sheila notices, there is currently no other separate section to do so, but the suggestion is being recorded for possible future implementation).

To edit a quote template, on the quote form page, click on the template name to the left of the "message" field so that the stored text is loaded. Edit the message accordingly and click on "Save changes to this template". The new version of the template will be stored.

To remove a template, just mouse over the template name, a small "X" will appear next to it. Just click on that small "X" to remove the template from the list.

Finally, note that the job posting is available at all times, right at the bottom of the quoting form, for you to check job details as needed. Just scroll down the page to see it.

As regards the storage of jobs for which direct quoting is required, you can always include a direct link to the job in your quote message to be able to go back to it later or else, bookmark the job page in your browser. Even when closed, jobs remain visible for some time.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
How long is "for some time"? Jan 21, 2013

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
Finally, note that the job posting is available at all times, right at the bottom of the quoting form, for you to check job details as needed. Just scroll down the page to see it.

All the time you are preparing your quote, yes, it's visible. However,
Even when closed, jobs remain visible for some time.

how long is "some time? Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it seems to me that most often when I need to go back to a job quote, I only find the message "there is not or is no longer a job with that number", or words to that effect. My feeling is that we need an area where ALL of the information is kept, forever, in the state it was in at the time of quoting, and where we can prepare generic quote information during quiet moments, for quick editing when a quote is required. I'm glad that the last point may be taken care of, and I hope the "possible" soon gets dropped.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Jobs remain visible for one (1) month Jan 21, 2013

Job postings remain visible for one month, Sheila. One month should be more than enough to prepare a quote, specially given that for most jobs, quoting remains open for much less than that.

If what you want is to edit generic quote information, you can simply "quote" on any job at any time (even if you don't submit the quote later on) to have access to the quoting page and to editing options.

Lucia

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Job post needed many months later Jan 21, 2013

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
If what you want is to edit generic quote information, you can simply "quote" on any job at any time (even if you don't submit the quote later on) to have access to the quoting page and to editing options.

OK, thanks for that info, Lucia. Mind you, with the short-term memory problems that one gets at my age, I could quite easily end up pressing the "submit" button!
Job postings remain visible for one month, Sheila. One month should be more than enough to prepare a quote, specially given that for most jobs, quoting remains open for much less than that.

Certainly, an hour should be long enough for quoting, and posters usually get back to you with a few days. But the problem is that, in practice, you'll get an email months later that says something like "Last year you quoted for a job. We now have a similar job available and would like to know if you can do it for the same terms". If I don't know what that "similar job" was, I have a real problem! As I don't like to print things, and taking screen prints is an awful faff, there's no alternative to saying "I'm sorry, I have no record of what you're talking about", and that isn't exactly the most professional response.

Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Very same question as the first one: How do I delete or modify existing templates I have created for Apr 23, 2019

On the quoting form, left from the "Message" box, I saved many different quotes in different languages.

I haven't changed the quotes in years, but I do remember it was possible to sort them or change their order. I just do not remember where to do it.

Any hints please?

Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to edit or delete job quote templates?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »