Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:40
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Unbelievable Oct 30, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Go to the bottom of that page, which should be just www.proz.com. You should see "Recent topics in translator forums" there.

Yes the navigation is a shambles, even for a Windows user.

Unbelievable - no normal person would ever expect to scroll all the way down a web page, and find (much to his surprise) a series of completely unrelated things. That is soooo stupid.

But even then, I still don't understand what to to.

The headings of the sections that appear here are:

Translation jobs
Translation news
KudoZ term translation questions
What ProZ.com translators are working on now (and BTW - why do those particular translators appear and not others?)
Recent topics in translator forums

... and that's it.

So I still don't have an answer to my original question....

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
The answer Oct 30, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Go to the bottom of that page, which should be just www.proz.com. You should see "Recent topics in translator forums" there.

Yes the navigation is a shambles, even for a Windows user.

Unbelievable - no normal person would ever expect to scroll all the way down a web page, and find (much to his surprise) a series of completely unrelated things. That is soooo stupid.

But even then, I still don't understand what to to.

The headings of the sections that appear here are:

Translation jobs
Translation news
KudoZ term translation questions
What ProZ.com translators are working on now (and BTW - why do those particular translators appear and not others?)
Recent topics in translator forums

... and that's it.

So I still don't have an answer to my original question....

The answer is in what I wrote earlier:

"On https://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=homepage_forums you can define what you want to see on your home page".

Once you have ticked one or more forums in the first column, you only see these forums on your messy home page. But be careful, it was when I ticked one forum in the first column on that page that the system cleared all my tracked forums from the second column! I would suggest ticking the same ones in both columns to prevent the risk of getting your already tracked forums cleared.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
My head is spinning Oct 30, 2017

My head is spinning. I'll try again later. Thanks.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
About the bug Oct 30, 2017

Reply to my support ticket:

"This is a known issue within ProZ.com forums dashboard and site developers are working to fix it."

Well thanks to Proz for not warning me before their bug deleted all my subscriptions. Not very professional. It can't require many minutes to post a warning on that page.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bug Oct 31, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Reply to my support ticket:

"This is a known issue within ProZ.com forums dashboard and site developers are working to fix it."

Well thanks to Proz for not warning me before their bug deleted all my subscriptions. Not very professional. It can't require many minutes to post a warning on that page.

Oh, dear. I think I'll just leave things as they are, in case I, too, lose my settings.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: option to de-activate forum topics that don't interest us

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »