Sofia Gutkin
Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:35
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 29, 2019

Apologies if a similar question has been posted before.

Ever since ProZ updated their profile editor, I have been unable to create a nice-looking 'About Me' (Bio) section, even after digging around in the WYSIWIG editor and trying to insert HTML tags.

For example, I want to make a certain heading red, but no matter what kind of HTML tag I insert, the published version of my Bio shows the heading as black. Only the hyperlinks are a different colour. It also doesn't see
... See more
Apologies if a similar question has been posted before.

Ever since ProZ updated their profile editor, I have been unable to create a nice-looking 'About Me' (Bio) section, even after digging around in the WYSIWIG editor and trying to insert HTML tags.

For example, I want to make a certain heading red, but no matter what kind of HTML tag I insert, the published version of my Bio shows the heading as black. Only the hyperlinks are a different colour. It also doesn't seem to make a difference if I insert the heading as or or , etc., even though this should alter the way that the heading looks.

Similarly, I want to make my paragraphs justified, but the editor only provides left justify, right justify and centre.

The ProZ article about how to use CSS (https://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/3854/1/'About-me'-with-style-–-using-CSS-to-enrich-your-presentation-on-ProZ.com-with-typography) just confuses me further.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a list of tags that I can use?

Thank you!
Collapse

Taisiia Gusarova
Taisiia Gusarova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 09:35
Member (2016)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
<font color="#B22222"> </font> for color change Dec 1, 2019

Hi Sofia,

I faced with the same problem recently and spent plenty of time to find an acceptable solution. I have tried different HTML tags to change the color and position of a paragraph and most of them didn't work.

The only one tag pair that helped me to change the color is ( ) ( for red colour). I used the following color codes chart to fin
... See more
Hi Sofia,

I faced with the same problem recently and spent plenty of time to find an acceptable solution. I have tried different HTML tags to change the color and position of a paragraph and most of them didn't work.

The only one tag pair that helped me to change the color is ( ) ( for red colour). I used the following color codes chart to find the right color: https://htmlcolorcodes.com

Unfortunately, I didn't find the right way to change a paragraph position (e.g. to center) with tags. I was able to do that just with the help of spaces.

Maybe someone else could share a better way to center a paragraph.

[Edited at 2019-12-01 10:00 GMT]
Collapse

Sofia Gutkin
Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:35
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 20, 2020

Hi Taisiia,

Thank you very much for your suggestions (and sorry for replying a month late!)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding colours/fonts to the 'About Me' section

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »