Visitors tab > Came From > "ProZ Search" - What's that?
Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:36
English to Italian
Sep 27, 2018

As per subject, I just noticed a (non clickable) "ProZ Search" in the "Came From" column of my "Vistitors" tab. What's that?

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
There is a search link Sep 27, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

As per subject, I just noticed a (non clickable) "ProZ Search" in the "Came From" column of my "Vistitors" tab. What's that?

Hi Mirko,

I think this is Proz Search: https://www.proz.com/?sp=search

You can search there for someone's name for example.

Actually yesterday I had a visitor from a forum thread and in my Visitors' tab it appeared as Came from: "proz.com". And the proz.com link referred to a forum post of mine.
Since there is a Came from: "Forum" and it is also clickable, I was wondering how this "proz.com" differs from the "Forum" visit?

Bests,
Katalin

[Edited at 2018-09-27 12:53 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure Sep 27, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Hi Mirko,

I think this is Proz Search: https://www.proz.com/?sp=search

You can search there for someone's name for example.

Actually yesterday I had a visitor from a forum thread and in my Visitors' tab it appeared as Came from: "proz.com". And the proz.com link referred to a forum post of mine.
Since there is a Came from: "Forum" and it is also clickable, I was wondering how this "proz.com" differs from the "Forum" visit?

Hi Katalin. I just tried that (from a non logged in session), but the visit from the search page you linked shows as coming from "Direct Link/Unknown"... and that's weird too, as that definitely came from "proz.com"...

[Edited at 2018-09-27 13:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visitors tab > Came From > "ProZ Search" - What's that?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »