Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 11:13
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 3, 2018

A test was conducted.
3 pool profiles of 2 members were set as DEACTIVE.

Result of the test:

Pool profiles are viewable by others, in spite of pool profiles are set as OFF Active.
It seems they are viewable and business members can still write to these profiles (which are deactivated).

The test was conducted with my DEACTIVATED pool pro
... See more
A test was conducted.
3 pool profiles of 2 members were set as DEACTIVE.

Result of the test:

Pool profiles are viewable by others, in spite of pool profiles are set as OFF Active.
It seems they are viewable and business members can still write to these profiles (which are deactivated).

The test was conducted with my DEACTIVATED pool profiles:
https://www.proz.com/pools/pharmaceutical-translators/profile/529598
https://www.proz.com/pools/certified-pros/profile/529598/

+ another member's pool profile.

Dear Site Staff,

How can it happen that pool profiles are viewable if we set them as NOT ACTIVE???
And if they are deactivated, business members can still write to these pool profiles (which are not used by us).

Previous conversation in this field:

https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_profile_help/328394-"pools"_visitors_tab.html

The above URL was working when I copied and paste it here. Now it seems to be navigated back to the general forum site. Anyway you can find the thread under: " "Pools" & Visitors tab"

or you can try: https://tinyurl.com/y8q2ggdq

I would like to have a real DELETE button for pool profiles and I'd like to be able to delete my data I gave on my pool profiles.

[Edited at 2018-09-03 14:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-09-03 14:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-09-03 14:34 GMT]
Collapse

Enrique Manzo
Enrique Manzo
SITE STAFF
I am looking into this Sep 3, 2018

Hello Katalin,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm not sure why these profiles were still showing after you deactivated them. I have tested this option in a couple of test profiles and indeed it seems that this function is not working properly. I have referred this issue to the development team so that they can try to find a fix.

For the time being, I have deactivated your profiles and they are no longer available.

Also, thank you for your sugg
... See more
Hello Katalin,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm not sure why these profiles were still showing after you deactivated them. I have tested this option in a couple of test profiles and indeed it seems that this function is not working properly. I have referred this issue to the development team so that they can try to find a fix.

For the time being, I have deactivated your profiles and they are no longer available.

Also, thank you for your suggestion of adding a full delete option, I hadn't really thought of that before. I will make a request for that.

Thank you for your patience.

Enrique
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not only my pool profiles but probably all Sep 3, 2018

Enrique Manzo wrote:

Hello Katalin,

Also, thank you for your suggestion of adding a full delete option, I hadn't really thought of that before. I will make a request for that.

Thank you for your patience.

Enrique
ProZ.com Staff

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for your reply.
I was not talking only about my pool profiles but another member's pool profile was viewable also and messages could be sent by business members after deactivation of another member's pool profile.
This probably means all pool profiles work like that.

If someone deactivates her/his pool profile, it will be still viewable and messages can be sent by business members sent to ...whom?... I have never met anybody who received a job via or due to her/his pool profile.

I asked a full delete button from the very beginning. When Mike Donlin sent me an email that my pool profiles were removed, I sent him a reply where I insisted on having a delete button:

March 11

"Hi Mike,

Thanks for the answer.

Is it possible to have a delete/remove button instead?
What about others? All pool profiles should have a delete/remove buttons.
There are more members who would like to have a delete/remove profile button...

Bests,
Katalin"

March 12

"Hi Katalin,

I have removed your profiles from the pharmaceutical translators pool and the CPN translators pool.

I will discuss a delete button and more details requested with those more technical.

Mike"

Enrique Manzo
Enrique Manzo
SITE STAFF
Issue fixed Sep 3, 2018

Hello Katalin,

Thank you for your patience. This option was removing users from the pool listing instead of deactivating their profiles. Now this option allows users to deactivate their profiles entirely (which was the intended goal when it was first designed).

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Regards,

Enrique
ProZ.com Staff

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 3, 2018

Enrique Manzo wrote:

Hello Katalin,

Thank you for your patience. This option was removing users from the pool listing instead of deactivating their profiles. Now this option allows users to deactivate their profiles entirely (which was the intended goal when it was first designed).

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Regards,

Enrique
ProZ.com Staff

Thank you, Enrique.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disturbing test result about deactivated pool profiles

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »