"Pools" & Visitors tab
Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:26
English to Italian
Sep 2, 2018

How can we check visitors/visits to our "pools" profile(s) and identify those who came to our "real" profile from there? Are they marked as "Pools" in our Visitors tab or something?

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
As far as I know pool visitors are not shown Sep 2, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

How can we check visitors/visits to our "pools" profile(s) and identify those who came to our "real" profile from there? Are they marked as "Pools" in our Visitors tab or something?

As far as I know from a site staff: pool visitors are not shown in the visitors' tab.
When pools were created I wrote a post about that this was disturbing. Because you don't have a feedback what is going on your profile. For example I can see that there are almost no visitors from Proz Find so at least I can have a follow up concerning that directory. But not concerning pools.

Other disturbing facts concerning pool profiles:

If someone wants to delete her/his pool profile for good, she/he cannot do that.
We received an ON and OFF button in our pool profile and that's all.

Some data you gave on your pool profile cannot be deleted.
For example in the pharmaceutical pool when somebody chose the companies she/he worked for, those companies' names cannot be deleted (untick) any more and there are some other data that cannot be deleted (if you delete them, they stay the same). Even though the pool profile in inactive.

When I tried to delete all data that I gave on my pool profiles (I chose to be inactive in those 2 pools, since there is no option to delete pool profiles for good), without me changing the active button to ON, my pool profile became active. I didn't change the setting to be active, the only thing I did: trying to delete the data I gave on my pool profile and I didn't change the active button ON or OFF.

[Edited at 2018-09-02 09:36 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Lack of info Sep 2, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

For example I can see that there are almost no visitors from Proz Find so at least I can have a follow up concerning that directory. But not concerning pools.

Exactly. Since participating in a pool also means you're accepting "ratings" (with the risk of this happening), I think it's quite important to know whether it's worth it or not.

If someone wants to delete her/his pool profile for good, she/he cannot do that.
We received an ON and OFF button in our pool profile and that's all.

Are you sure? I seem to recall otherwise. In this thread you asked Mike Donlin to be removed from 2 pools, and you said you were, but later you asked to restore those profiles... http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/323492-request_for_pool_profiles.html

Did things actually go differently?

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I wanted to delete my data (and I couldn't do that) Sep 2, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Are you sure? I seem to recall otherwise. In this thread you asked Mike Donlin to be removed from 2 pools, and you said you were, but later you asked to restore those profiles... http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/323492-request_for_pool_profiles.html

Yes, the situation was different. I wanted to totally delete my pool profile.

A site staff wrote that my pool profile became inactive. I was happy. I thought it was deleted. Then it turned out, it was not deleted, just deactivated that way I didn't have the option to control my data (meanwhile proz had the option to control and use my data).

After I got to know that there was no "escape" from a pool, meaning I cannot delete my profile totally, I decided that at least I want to delete my data I gave
(for example the companies' names in the pharmaceutical pool).
That was the only reason why I wanted to reactivate my profile again: just to delete my data from there (which I couldn't do). I would have never wanted to reactivate it, if I had the chance to delete my pool profile for good.

After about 1 month in 2 pools I wanted to delete my pool profiles.
See my request from 5 March:

https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/323492-request_for_pool_profiles.html

Request for pool profiles Marc 5

If I decide that I don't want to be in a pool group any more how can I delete my profile from the pools?

Edited for adding the URL and added 1 sentence part.

[Edited at 2018-09-02 10:40 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-09-02 10:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-09-02 10:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-09-02 11:14 GMT]

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Actually not allowing someone to totally delete his/her pool profile Sep 2, 2018

and not allowing someone to delete her/his given data on that pool profile is not compliant with the GDPR.

[Edited at 2018-09-02 11:43 GMT]

Andre Dumoulin

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
For me removing means deleting and not making inaccessible for the user Sep 2, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

When Mike Donlin removed my profile from the 2 pools, my profiles were not deleted just deactivated. I realized that only by accident (again) when I was browsing in the pools and in the bottom I saw this message: "You're a member of this pool. Profile / Edit your profile." I can still see this, although I set my profiles to be NOT active.

https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/323492-request_for_pool_profiles.html

I wrote:

"Still I can see in my Settings: Note: You also have pool-specific taglines.
So somewhere out there I have a pool profile, I cannot see and cannot control?"

Mike wrote:

"Hi Katalin,

The pool profile is "somewhere out there".

This means when proz removed my profile I totally lost my authority/control over my pool profiles: because my profiles were not deleted (they were still there in the system of proz) but at the same time I didn't have access to them any more but proz had.

Now at least we have Activate On and OFF button.
Although what I wanted from the very beginning: to have the option to delete our pool profiles and delete the data what we added on our pool profiles.

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I wanted my pool profiles and pool data to be deleted (and not deactivated) because Sep 2, 2018

1) clients cannot see translators' full names in pools, only if clients are business members,
2) we don't get a feedback/data about the visitors of our pool profile,
3) if someone writes us via our pool profile, it is not indicated in the email that it was sent from our pool profile,
4) and we don't know on which sites or applications our pool profile is shown (are they bidding platforms ? etc.)

+ 1) I don't know anybody who received a job due to her/his pool profi
... See more
1) clients cannot see translators' full names in pools, only if clients are business members,
2) we don't get a feedback/data about the visitors of our pool profile,
3) if someone writes us via our pool profile, it is not indicated in the email that it was sent from our pool profile,
4) and we don't know on which sites or applications our pool profile is shown (are they bidding platforms ? etc.)

+ 1) I don't know anybody who received a job due to her/his pool profile.
Collapse

Enrique Manzo
Enrique Manzo
SITE STAFF
Some answers to your concerns Sep 3, 2018

Hello Katalin,

As explained here, I'm looking into this issue right now. Let me address some of your concerns:

1) clients cannot see translators' full names in pools, only if clients are business members

That's right. As well as other ProZ.com services (like CPN), Pools™ is only available to site members. Site members can apply to a number of pools, while non-members are subject to certain restrictions (see https://www.proz.com/pools/faq ). Only business members can contact users appearing on pools.

2) we don't get a feedback/data about the visitors of our pool profile

Pools™ is a relatively new service. Some of the features available in main ProZ.com profiles are not yet available in pool profiles. However, improvements can be made thanks to the feedback provided by site members.

3) if someone writes us via our pool profile, it is not indicated in the email that it was sent from our pool profile

A short phrase appears on each pool message indicating that this message was sent from a pool profile (and the pool profile it was sent from). For example:

Pool profiles are shown on each pool directory ( https://www.proz.com/pools ) and also in ProZ.com mobile app.

I hope this helps!

Enrique
ProZ.com Staff

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Pools" & Visitors tab

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »