Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 12:17
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2018

Dear ProZ,

What sort of chemical substances were you inhaling when you did this, or are you having high school students design your website again?

I mean seriously, let's set aside the inexplicable/unthinkable/inadvisable/disgusting act of implementing this unannounced, did you seriously think that what you're doing here is something that 1. makes even the slightest sense, and 2. is comprehensible?

Clipboard02

[Edited at 2018-07-18 19:35 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
P.L.F. Persio

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 12:17
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For even more giggles Jul 18, 2018

Image 2 01

image 2 02

Hey ProZ, I have family members in social work, if your left hand and right hand are not on speaking terms with each other, I would be happy to refer you to mediation services, maybe relationship therapy? Because it looks like your right hand took out the family's life savings and put all of it into South Sea stocks, without telling the left hand.

Oh and while you're at it, could you kindly stop misrepresenting your ProZ Find (alpha) as the only search option? Here are two options on what it can reasonably look like, not your current version that hides the classic option under "Directories", giving the impression that ProZ Find (alpha) is the only way to search for translators:

Version A

Untitled

Version B

Untitled2

Yes, I know people are more likely to listen when you are nice and unsarcastic. No, I am not in the business of rewarding my kid every time he or she does not urinate in public.

[Edited at 2018-07-18 19:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-07-18 19:54 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:17
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Afraid we're doomed Jul 18, 2018

We won't get out of this with any resemblance of sanity. Not a single one of us.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:17
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jared is apparently trying to straighten things out Jul 19, 2018

The same issue was brought up in another thread, and he said he is on it.
https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/327140-ongoing_and_a_new_anomaly-page2.html#2740052

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

General fields, detailed fields, oh my

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »