Which account type would suit me best?
Thread poster: Daniele Papini
Daniele Papini
Daniele Papini
Italy
Local time: 09:42
English to Italian
Oct 19, 2017

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by!

I just created a profile and one of the options I had more trouble choosing is the account type.
My problem is that I'm kind of stuck between two of them: first of all, I'm an university student. I'm about to graduate, but still I'm a student and studying languages. However, while I've been studying I also had a few significant professional experiences that should make me a freelance translator...I think? I translated articles and
... See more
Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by!

I just created a profile and one of the options I had more trouble choosing is the account type.
My problem is that I'm kind of stuck between two of them: first of all, I'm an university student. I'm about to graduate, but still I'm a student and studying languages. However, while I've been studying I also had a few significant professional experiences that should make me a freelance translator...I think? I translated articles and a couple local books and also worked as a translator and interpreter in an American college for a year (I'm Italian, btw).

The thing is, I admit it wouldn't be that hard of a decision if it wasn't so obvious how many more jobs I have access to if I choose a freelance account. I chose the student account for now, but I'm very torn and unsure about this decision...So I'm asking for help. What do you think I should choose?

Thanks for your time!
Collapse

Birkti Meresa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which account type would suit me best?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »