MY old positive entry/recommendation in my WWA from the same client was deleted!
Thread poster: Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 05:59
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 16, 2017

Is this normal?!

I was astonished yesterday when I saw that my first entry/positive recommendation from one of my clients was deleted with no reason and no clarification either!

I filed a support ticket yesterday but the person in charge asked me if I had a screenshot to my WWA. I actually do not have this screenshot.

This client left me his first recommendation in 2014 and his second entry was made recently.

I wonder if it is normal to delet
... See more
Is this normal?!

I was astonished yesterday when I saw that my first entry/positive recommendation from one of my clients was deleted with no reason and no clarification either!

I filed a support ticket yesterday but the person in charge asked me if I had a screenshot to my WWA. I actually do not have this screenshot.

This client left me his first recommendation in 2014 and his second entry was made recently.

I wonder if it is normal to delete my entry without any notification/caution.

The client was afraid that proz might refuse his second entry but I assured him that many of my colleagues had more than one recommendation from the same client if they worked over a big span of time.

Thank you to anyone who can clarify this issue to me.

[Edited at 2017-03-16 18:33 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
It is not permitted that the same person leave you two WWA entries Mar 17, 2017

Dear Morano,

As I mentioned in your support request on this issue, it is not permitted that the same person leave you two WWA entries. This is outlined in http://www.proz.com/faq/2512#2512: "An outsourcer may provide only one WWA entry to each service provider who has worked for them. However, different project managers from a same company can provide f
... See more
Dear Morano,

As I mentioned in your support request on this issue, it is not permitted that the same person leave you two WWA entries. This is outlined in http://www.proz.com/faq/2512#2512: "An outsourcer may provide only one WWA entry to each service provider who has worked for them. However, different project managers from a same company can provide feedback on a service provider who has worked on their projects."

For this reason, it is likely that your client's WWA entry was considered "updated" in our records, instead of a new entry being created.

I hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:59
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
But why did you want 2 WWA entries from the same agency in the first place? Mar 17, 2017

To me, the value of your WWA will be diminished if you have multiple entries from the same client.

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Mar 17, 2017

Thank you Maria for your prompt reply. Appreciated it.

This is a logical clarification.

Now, everything is clear and crystal

Thank you jyuan_us for your nice comment.

I think that multiple entries from the same client occurring over a long period of time can indicate that this same client is still maintaining his confidence in you as his service provider.

This
... See more
Thank you Maria for your prompt reply. Appreciated it.

This is a logical clarification.

Now, everything is clear and crystal

Thank you jyuan_us for your nice comment.

I think that multiple entries from the same client occurring over a long period of time can indicate that this same client is still maintaining his confidence in you as his service provider.

This is just my opinion. Maybe you are right.
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Ratings over time Mar 17, 2017

jyuan_us wrote:

To me, the value of your WWA will be diminished if you have multiple entries from the same client.

Well, one could argue that ratings given at different times (3 years in the OP's case) by the same outsourcer mean that the translator was able to provide a consistently good service over time (possibly on different projects/subjects).

In the end, translators can leave one LWA per year for the same client. We all know BB ratings are different from WWAs in their implementation, but the basic principle is not so different in either case, IMO.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MY old positive entry/recommendation in my WWA from the same client was deleted!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »