Thread poster: Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 30, 2015

Hi all,

Is there any site, or guideline where I can find instructions on how to improve my Proz profile? I can't find anything related to this.

Thank you for your help.

Inés

Achmad Fuad Lubis
Achmad Fuad Lubis  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 11:43
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Basic steps to improve your profile from Proz.com. Dec 30, 2015

Hello Ins, if you have not already done so, the site http://www.proz.com/profile-completion? would help to guide you on some basic steps on profile improvement.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:43
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
You've looked here on ProZ.com? Dec 30, 2015

I'm surprised as there seems to me to be an awful lot about that subject on here.

- The Getting Established forum contains lots of advice, with newcomers (to the profession and/or to the site) often asking for exactly that.
- The Site Guidance Centre (under the About tab) is there for newcomers. There's a vast amount of information of all sorts there, so follow every path and every link until you're sure you've soaked it all up.
- A free webinar, held regularly, gives a
... See more
I'm surprised as there seems to me to be an awful lot about that subject on here.

- The Getting Established forum contains lots of advice, with newcomers (to the profession and/or to the site) often asking for exactly that.
- The Site Guidance Centre (under the About tab) is there for newcomers. There's a vast amount of information of all sorts there, so follow every path and every link until you're sure you've soaked it all up.
- A free webinar, held regularly, gives advice on how to meet clients here, concentrating largely on your profile. You can find it through the Site Guidance Centre.

Hope that helps.
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Some resources to help you complete your profile Dec 30, 2015

Hello Inés,

As Sheila and Achmad have pointed out, there are a variety of resources available on the site to help you improve your profile and get the most out of ProZ.com. Many of these can be found through the site guidance center, available under the "About" tab. I will post some of those here directly:
... See more
Hello Inés,

As Sheila and Achmad have pointed out, there are a variety of resources available on the site to help you improve your profile and get the most out of ProZ.com. Many of these can be found through the site guidance center, available under the "About" tab. I will post some of those here directly:

I would also like to make specific mention of the Meeting clients at ProZ.com webinar, which is held on a regular basis by site staff. It's free to attend, and will give you the information you need to improve your profile and increase your visibility on the site. The full list of upcoming sessions (now including one in Spanish!) can be found here: http://www.proz.com/pages/meeting_clients_webinar

I hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing you at one of the upcoming webinars!

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improving my profile

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »