twitter not authorizing on profile
Thread poster: Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:03
Spanish to English
Jan 24, 2015

I am not able to connect twitter with my account, there seems to be a problem authorizing the account.
can somebody help me.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
When posting to a forum or in your own profile? Jan 26, 2015

Hello Luke,

Are you having a problem affiliating your Twitter account with your ProZ.com profile, or are you unable to share a forum post you've made via Twitter?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Best regards,

Maria

Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:03
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
twitter and proz Jan 26, 2015

when I go to add my twitter account to proz under my proz profile it gives me the error message "There was a problem verifying your authorization"

so then when I try to post on proz it doesnt appear in twitter
regards

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Will let you know as soon as this is fixed Jan 26, 2015

Thanks for confirming.

It looks like there's currently an issue with being able to share forum posts through social media platforms at the moment of posting them. Development staff have been made aware of this problem, and I will be sure to let you know as soon as it's been resolved.

Best regards,

Maria

Fernanda Carrascosa
Fernanda Carrascosa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:03
Dutch to Portuguese
+ ...
Same issue Mar 27, 2018

I'm getting the same error message as mentioned above. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:03
English to Italian
3 years old and no updates... Mar 27, 2018

I reported similar issues with LinkedIn last year: http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translator_coop/174545-social_networking_option_added_to_prozcom_forums_and_discussion_features.html#2624462

I also raised a support ticket in Jan 2017 and was told "Development, including adjustment
... See more
I reported similar issues with LinkedIn last year: http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translator_coop/174545-social_networking_option_added_to_prozcom_forums_and_discussion_features.html#2624462

I also raised a support ticket in Jan 2017 and was told "Development, including adjustments and fixing-ups, may take some time but I promise to notify you here as soon as this has been resolved and tested or as soon as I have any news". Well, no updates up to now...

But obviously you have to get your priorities straight. The new light green menu bar is really cute, so everything's fine.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

twitter not authorizing on profile

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »