Boris Gorozhankin
Boris Gorozhankin
Uzbekistan
Local time: 23:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 17, 2014

Hi everyone!

I'd be really glad to get some help here. It seems I can't upload more than 2 sample translations to my profile. Whenever I try to do so, the newly uploaded sample replaces the first one. So I've been wondering whether it's just me or a non-member limitation of some sort (since I'm not a member). Found no relevant info, tbh.

Thanks to whoever replies!

Karen Zaragoza
Karen Zaragoza
Local time: 02:22
SITE STAFF
How to add a sample translation Dec 17, 2014

Hello Boris,

To add more sample translations to your profile, choose "Portfolio/Sample Translations" in your Profile Updater, http://www.proz.com/settings/history . Note that you should first complete every field ("Add a new translation" and "Title"). Then, you should copy the sample of your translation from your PC and paste it in the "Source text" and "Target text" boxes. Notice that
... See more
Hello Boris,

To add more sample translations to your profile, choose "Portfolio/Sample Translations" in your Profile Updater, http://www.proz.com/settings/history . Note that you should first complete every field ("Add a new translation" and "Title"). Then, you should copy the sample of your translation from your PC and paste it in the "Source text" and "Target text" boxes. Notice that if you do not complete the required fields, your samples will not be saved. To save your samples, click on "Add translation".

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Karen
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
No limit on non-member sample translations Dec 18, 2014

Boris Gorozhankin wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'd be really glad to get some help here. It seems I can't upload more than 2 sample translations to my profile. Whenever I try to do so, the newly uploaded sample replaces the first one. So I've been wondering whether it's just me or a non-member limitation of some sort (since I'm not a member). Found no relevant info, tbh.

Thanks to whoever replies!

Hello Boris,

I just wanted to expand on Karen's reply to clarify that there is no limit as to how many sample translations you can enter in the "Portfolio" section of your profile, regardless of your membership level. If you are having trouble entering a particular sample in your portfolio, it may be a good idea to submit the details and content of that sample via support request. That way site staff can make sure the sample can be entered properly.

I would also ask that you include some information about which browser you are using, as well as the steps you are taking to enter the sample, in that request.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Maria

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I had the same problem. Dec 18, 2014

I thought it was a site rule that we were only allowed one sample per language.

Boris Gorozhankin
Boris Gorozhankin
Uzbekistan
Local time: 23:22
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Huzzah! Dec 19, 2014

My, oh my, I got it working, so the tiny textos are up and online at last! Thanks to the helpful staff!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-member sample translations limited?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »